cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

GL552JX vs GL552VW

Martin_Spilovsk
Level 7
Hello guys

Im planning to buy a ROG laptop from Asus, there are several reasons and recommandations why I choose Asus, hopefully they are true.

Now I have a small dilema, there are two models GL552JX or GL552VW, the price is almost the same in my country.

Some HW comparison between those two is: laptopmedia.com/highlights/weve-got-the-new-asus-gl552vw-and-heres-what-to-expect-from-this-greatly-overhauled-gaming-notebook/

Yeah GL552JX is a bit older, ok GTX950M only an i7, neverthless I will not play any hardcore games, only something like Dota, League of legends, Diablo, maybe Overwatch and Heroes of storm.

I dont mind playing on lower resol. 1300x700.

Now the JX comes also with a Win license, and the VW without OS, but thats not a big deal.

Im planning to buy the laptop with a 5 year warranty extension, so Im covered.

I read that there are some issue with the JX's display, but also I dont want to have ultra powerfull GPU/CPU can cause minor overheating.

Im planning to use the i7 for some work Vmware virtualisation + will extend the RAM to at least 16GB + SSD M.2

Now here is the second issue the 552JX is stock, the 552VW is not avaiable Im already waiting for it 5 weeks,

So i would like to ask should I go for the 552VW ( meaning undefined waiting time), or take the 552JX which over decent power.

Thank you

Martin
1 REPLY 1

magnakart
Level 7
Martin_Spilovsky wrote:
Hello guys

Im planning to buy a ROG laptop from Asus, there are several reasons and recommandations why I choose Asus, hopefully they are true.

Now I have a small dilema, there are two models GL552JX or GL552VW, the price is almost the same in my country.

Some HW comparison between those two is: laptopmedia.com/highlights/weve-got-the-new-asus-gl552vw-and-heres-what-to-expect-from-this-greatly-overhauled-gaming-notebook/

Yeah GL552JX is a bit older, ok GTX950M only an i7, neverthless I will not play any hardcore games, only something like Dota, League of legends, Diablo, maybe Overwatch and Heroes of storm.

I dont mind playing on lower resol. 1300x700.

Now the JX comes also with a Win license, and the VW without OS, but thats not a big deal.

Im planning to buy the laptop with a 5 year warranty extension, so Im covered.

I read that there are some issue with the JX's display, but also I dont want to have ultra powerfull GPU/CPU can cause minor overheating.

Im planning to use the i7 for some work Vmware virtualisation + will extend the RAM to at least 16GB + SSD M.2

Now here is the second issue the 552JX is stock, the 552VW is not avaiable Im already waiting for it 5 weeks,

So i would like to ask should I go for the 552VW ( meaning undefined waiting time), or take the 552JX which over decent power.

Thank you

Martin

Dude the GL552JX have display issue thats right. But the VW GPU is GTX 960 it has a big difference look at some benchmark programs comparison of 950 and 960.