cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

[GL504GW] Laptop not detecting headphones as should be

MusiqueDoc
Level 7
Hello
I can't find a solution to my problem and I think the best place to turn was here. It turns out that I have an Asus Rog Strix Scar II GL504GW and I have a problem connecting my headphones. Usually on all my older laptops, when I plug in a pair of headphones, they usually indicate that they have been plugged in, both on the sound panel and the volume control (reference images*). On the other hand, with my laptop, when connecting headphones, they do not appear in any configuration panel or something like that. There are times when I connect the headphones and the sound keeps going through the speakers, I have to connect and disconnect several times so that the headphones are connected and the sound begins to pass through them, however, despite that, the system still does not it detects them as headphones as such and sometimes it is a bit complicated to configure certain things (for example, calls by Discord)
Is there a way to make the system re-detect the hearing aids as they correspond similar to what I showed in previous images?
Thank you

reference images*
1 REPLY 1

MoKiChU
Level 40
Hi,

You have an ASUS ROG SS3 notebook, so :

You need Realtek Audio Drivers (UAD - ASUS ROG SS3 NB) from the first post of this thread.

Follow scrupulously your CLEANUP process then your INSTALL process, for the next drivers packages that I would release, you will can directly follow your UPDATE process.