cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

gl502vmk keyboard stop working after Windows 10 update, version 1803 - solved?

crispi420
Level 9
Hi guys,
i have an asus gl502vmk, so after i updated the windows, on April 30th my keyboard stop working...
how i fix this? already uninstalled the keyboard drivers and unchecked the quick start from windows, not of those solved my problem...
hope i get this fixed.
thx
34 REPLIES 34

crispi420 wrote:
already did this, only one has exclamation, and unknown device, whein i update it is ASUS NUMPAD, but after manualy updated it still with exclamation, after reboot the computer, still has the exclamation... when i update it, said that the driver is not projected for this plataform...
thx by the way

Hi there!
Had the same issue. Go to device manager and right click on keyboard, press "update driver". Choose search drivers on this pc and then press choose from already installed drivers. There must be HID Keyboard Device, choose it instead of ASUS NUMPAD

hadarych wrote:
Hi there!
Had the same issue. Go to device manager and right click on keyboard, press "update driver". Choose search drivers on this pc and then press choose from already installed drivers. There must be HID Keyboard Device, choose it instead of ASUS NUMPAD

ahhahahahahhahahahahhahahahahhahahahahahhahahahahahhahahahhaha THANK UUU!
this worked... finally...
thank u so much

hadarych wrote:
Hi there!

THX ❤️ It worked ❤️ ❤️ ❤️

TRKORAY49 wrote:
THX ❤️ It worked ❤️ ❤️ ❤️

Many thanks to these people who still help other dudes having wierd issues.

Cheers

Wow I'm glad I found this. Tried the update a third time and with the advice here, got my keyboard back.
THANK YOU!!!!!!!!!

hadarych wrote:
Hi there!

Hello !

Thank you very much for the fix... It worked perfectly on my ASUS FX502VM (close to GL502VM) !

After the Windows 10 april update last night, my keyboard did not work any more...

I just plugged an USB keyboard so i can use my laptop, googled the problem and found the fix here...

Thanks to you i fixed the problem 1 minute after the Windows 10 update was ended !

Now i can unplug the USB keyboard and use my laptop keyboard normally... 😉

Thank you for the help

+++
basthi

hadarych wrote:
Hi there!

I try to install Asus NUMPad driver and the windows exclamation error Try installing the driver and it tells me that it is not compatible with the OS system.

I installed HID generic driver.

Please asus !!!

hadarych wrote:
Hi there!

Thanks,
It works perfect.

Didn't work for me too 😞
3 rd time it happens to me it's really boring because the pc does not work any more i have follow all instructions but nothing......
Please i need help ?

hadarych wrote:
hi there!
Had the same issue. Go to device manager and right click on keyboard, press "update driver". Choose search drivers on this pc and then press choose from already installed drivers. There must be hid keyboard device, choose it instead of asus numpad

big thanks !