cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

GL 503VS fans stuck at 100 - solved?

MrPerfidious
Level 7
Hello,

I have a problem with my GL503vs laptop. I recently got it back from RMA, after sending it for an audio issue. Turns out that they changed my motherboard.
The first day after receiving it, everything was ok. But then the next day, I played some game and then put it to sleep mode. Since then my fans has been stucked at full speed (>6000 rpm) no matter what.

Rebooting or shutting down do not resolve the issue, fans go back to 100 as soon as I power the laptop.

I tried updating my graphic card drivers and my bios, without success.

Apparently there is no way to control my fan speed manually with applications, and no option in the BIOS settings aswell.

I could use some help here. I haven't been able to use my laptop more than 2 days in a row without a bug (first audio bug then this) and I'm starting to be vey angry against Asus.

Does anyone have a fix or an idea ?
I can't imagine sending it back to RMA, and have to wait at least 3 more weeks to get it back...

Thanks in advance.
1 REPLY 1

MrPerfidious
Level 7
I fixed the problem by unplugging and replugging one of the fans. It also looks like the cables of the fan went under one of the things that holds the removable panel for quick access, I tried to move them around and it looks like it worked.
The guys that replaced the motherboard probably didn't put the fan cables back in the right position.