cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

G733zw Thunderbolt Probleme

Icehouse84
Level 7
Hello,

i have a problem and I bought a G733zw and wanted to use a Thunderbolt docking station on it from time to time.

In the store I was told that this would be no problem because it has a Thunderbolt 4 port.
But when I connect my Elgato Thunderbolt 3 Pro docking station, everything is recognized, including my two monitors, but there is no image and he does not load.

I have then reinstalled all drivers, but this unfortunately also brought nothing.
I then wrote to Asus, whereupon someone from Asus called me.
He said that it can not go, because that is only ne Thunderbolt 3 docking station, but the laptop has Thunderbolt 4, I should then get a Thunderbolt 4 docking station from Icy Box.
Could not imagine it, but I thought is at least worth a try, but it does exactly the same.

When I plug either docking station into the other usb-c (Dp) port, the laptop jumps back and forth between charging and not charging, even though it can charge at 100w.
It even says so on the laptop, but then when I plug the new box back into thunderbolt I have picture on one of the monitors, but it's supposed to run both.
Suspect that he runs the one then over Dp but not over Thunderbolt.
Have then contacted Asus again, the colleague said the laptop would never be able to charge via Usb-c.
When I told him that it even says on the laptop, he said that it can not be.
Have then describe to him what it says, then he said I misunderstood that the laptop itself would be able to charge devices with 100w.
But why no picture comes he also did not know, he said only that is in no way the computer, I then told him that but all my other laptops work, his reaction was then you do not connect a gaming laptop anyway to something, and that was the end of the conversation.

I really do not know what I can try now or does that just not work with Asus.
Maybe someone can help me?

Many thanks in advance.

I found the problem
0 REPLIES 0