cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

G513QY graphic drivers: ASUS or AMD ?

Jul83
Level 7
Hello!

Owner of this laptop for gamer, I'd like use the best drivers for games like Elden Ring or Hogwarts Legacy.
Asus page dedicated to Asus Strix G513QY* lists V30.0.13002.13003 as the last one for this model, labeled 2022/01/18, but in fact a bit older, 2021/12/15 according dxdiag. Old, but II still us it currently, for its reliability. Performances are notably lower than AMD's drivers (recents), but these ones occure crashs + reboots sometimes. Is it because ASUS graphic drivers limit TDP for this laptop ? Maybe. But perhaps I do something wrong. That's why I'd like know if it's normal for a G513QY owner to have to keep the dedicated drivers from 2021 today.

werty
Level 7
Jul83 wrote:
Hello!

Owner of this laptop for gamer, I'd like use the best drivers for games like Elden Ring or Hogwarts Legacy.
Asus page dedicated to Asus Strix G513QY* lists V30.0.13002.13003 as the last one for this model, labeled 2022/01/18, but in fact a bit older, 2021/12/15 according dxdiag. Old, but II still us it currently, for its reliability. Performances are notably lower than AMD's drivers (recents), but these ones occure crashs + reboots sometimes. Is it because ASUS graphic drivers limit TDP for this laptop ? Maybe. But perhaps I do something wrong. That's why I'd like know if it's normal for a G513QY owner to have to keep the dedicated drivers from 2021 today.

Hi,

before installing the latest graphics driver from amd site update your bios and chipset drivers (from amd site) to the latest versions. On the asus support page for your model I saw that there is a firmware update for your gpu. You can consider flashing it also if you haven't but follow the instructions carefully.

Good luck,werty

Svevo
Level 7

I own this modelo too. And graphic drivers are close to be two years old. In a gaming laptop.

I tried to update the drivers with those in AMD site and it lead to Windows not booting. I had to reinstall the SO.

Is there any solution?