cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

G513QR Cannot install program due to Bios problems

ChocolateRiderX
Level 7
Dear Asus team,

I have bought Strix G15 recently the model is G513QR. I try to install GX Developer program and these error keep coming

here's the document about the errors

https://www.mitsubishielectric.co.jp/fa/document/technews/plc/fa-a-0210/faa0210.pdf

In that document, they said the problem is from Bios so I have already revert My bios from G513QR.311 to G513QR.309 but it still doesn't work.

If you can help this out it would be great for me since this is MY ESSENTIAL work program. Thank You

FYI I have installed it on my another laptop Strix Scar G733QS running BIOS 311 and I work flawlessly.

IF you need more information please feel free to ask.

Thank You
7 REPLIES 7

jdfrench3
Level 12
The ASUS ROG Strix G15 has an Intel Core i7-10750H CPU.

The ASUS ROG Strix Scar 17 has an AMD® Ryzen™ 9 5900HX CPU.

Seems that software you are trying to install has a problem with Intel processors with built-in graphics support.
G752VSK, G75VW-3D, G51J, G1S
Homebuilt Windows Server

jdfrench3 wrote:
The ASUS ROG Strix G15 has an Intel Core i7-10750H CPU.

The ASUS ROG Strix Scar 17 has an AMD® Ryzen™ 9 5900HX CPU.

Seems that software you are trying to install has a problem with Intel processors with built-in graphics support.

You are WRONG

ROG STRIX G15 is Ryzen9 5900HX with RTX 3070

and

ROG STRIX SCAR G17 is Ryzen7 5800H with RTX 3080

it's both AMD and use Nvidia Graphic so what should be the problem than?

I stand corrected, out of the 18 models of Strix G15, there are two models with the Ryzen processor (one Ryzen 9).

ASUS Download Center does not show a BIOS 311 available. Is that the BIOS that came with your laptop?

What process did you use to change BIOS 311 to 309? Windows Update or ASUS EZ Flash?

Are you trying to install an outdated Mitsubishi program? Have you contacted Mitsubishi for support?
Homebuilt Windows Server

jdfrench3 wrote:
I stand corrected, out of the 18 models of Strix G15, there are two models with the Ryzen processor (one Ryzen 9).

ASUS Download Center does not show a BIOS 311 available. Is that the BIOS that came with your laptop?

What process did you use to change BIOS 311 to 309? Windows Update or ASUS EZ Flash?

Are you trying to install an outdated Mitsubishi program? Have you contacted Mitsubishi for support?

I will confirm again my model is GL543QR-HF126T which I register my S/N and it show the model as G513QR

And IT IS RYZEN9 5900HX overclocked. The latest bios for G513QR is 309 through the website and if I EZ Flash it to 309 Aura will not recognize the laptop hence cannot control lighting

but in MyAsus I state that my latest bios is 311

Also for another laptop I have behind the laptop it said model: G743QS-HG119T when register the S/N it seen as G733QS

Please I need help

You are confusing me with your different model numbers.

Please run DXDIAG and post.

This is a copy of mine:
Homebuilt Windows Server

jdfrench3 wrote:
You are confusing me with your different model numbers.

Please run DXDIAG and post.

This is a copy of mine:

BTW Looks like the program has problems with windows 20H2 so I can install the program now after I restore the laptop to factory.

For the bios here is DXDIAG for you

System Model : ROG Strix G513QR_GL543QR
Bios : G513QR.311

noted that I bought this laptop in Thailand

So....there is no BIOS problem.

Simply put, your version of GX Developer is not compatible with the latest version of Windows 10.
Homebuilt Windows Server