cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Difference between DH71 and DS71

Flywhiz101
Level 7
Hey all, newbie here
I was just wondering if someone could point out the differences between the G55VW DH71 and the DS71. Could you also tell me which model has the fan grille as specified here near the bottom of the page?
http://rog.asus.com/notebook/15-inch/g55vw/
Personally, I think this fan grille is georgeous
Any help appreciated
Thanks!
11 REPLIES 11

rewben
Level 13
Flywhiz101, referring to what were provided by SUKARA@ASUS, the differences are:

G55VW-DH71
- i think this is a newer version of g55 (comes with windows 8; i think it put the wrong cpu; it should be 3630qm to have 2.4ghz, not 3610qm; better double check with the seller);
- Intel Core i7-3630QM 2.4 GHz Processor
- 8 GB DDR3
- 500 GB 7200 rpm Hard Drive
- 15.6-Inch Full-HD 1080P LED Screen, Nvidia GTX 660M 2G GDDR5 Graphics
- Thunderbolt
- Built-in subwoofer with ASUS SonicMaster
- Dual venting fans with easy-clean filters for consistent cooling (wow; seriously?! this is new to g55, too!)
- Windows 8
- 1-Year ASUS Global Warranty
- 1-Year Accidental Damage Protection

G55VW-DS71
- Intel Core i7-3610QM 2.3 GHz Processor
- 12 GB DDR3
- 750 GB 7200 rpm Hard Drive
- 15.6-Inch Full-HD 1080P LED Screen, Nvidia GTX 660M 2G GDDR5 Graphics
- Windows 7 HP
- Free recovery disk and a hidden partition in the hard drive allow users to reformat the hard drive and reinstall the operating system and pre-loaded software as when it was shipped
- Standard 2 Year Global Warranty
- 1-Year Accidental Damage Warranty (ADW)

edit: updated some specs on DH71

WontonNoodle
Level 8
does the DH71 use Realtek instead of VIA audio? and is the wifi card still atheros or is it intel?

Thanks.

rewben
Level 13
yes, from the page of the above link, it also comes with thunderbolt and sonicmaster (i believe it's realtek)

So which one has the vents on the back as specified near the bottom of the G55 asus rog website?

Like the ones that are equally spaced from the end to the middle, and there is just the rog logo in the middle

Or are they both the same?

rewben
Level 13
uh? i think you should just click on the pictures published at the links above and have a look. to me it's just the same.

Gajeto
Level 7
what is inside the box on a g55vm DH71 windoes 8? does it come with a mouse bag and headsets :D?

Apexing
Level 9
if it dosnt state it comes with mousebag and headset then its a no.
al of them will by now come with windows 8.

ok thanks :D, just order mine. g55vw dh71. if i don't like the windows 8, im going to uninstall it and and install windows 7 ult 64bit. i got the g55 dh71 becuase it was cheaper 😄