cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Color banding issues on GL753VE laptop

egevened
Level 7
I purchased a factory GL753VE laptop recently, installed proper drivers, windows 10 N, everything is up to date. I've got an issue that seems to be unsolvable after several days of googling.

The laptop very clearly runs optimus, which I would normally not have a problem with. but it seems that in full-screen applications such as video games (which is what someone would buy a laptop like this for) there is excessive color banding. I've thought that it could be either bad dithering, or that the display is software limited to Limited RGB instead of Full Dynamic Range. now on other systems I'd have no trouble configuring this, as I'd simply go to the NVIDIA control panel to set it. but I have no options for display, or color depth, or anything of the sort ANYWHERE on the system. not in nvidia control panel, not in the intel HD settings (I can set full dynamic range only on video, not globally) nowhere. I've tried to edit the registry to no avail. unsure whether it's the color depth or the RGB range, but they go hand in hand and I have no such options.

any help is greatly appreciated.

ege
0 REPLIES 0