cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Charging port failure on Asus ROG Strix G733ZS

ANTONIOPS
Level 7

Hello everyone,

I've been experiencing an issue with the charging port on my Asus ROG Strix G733ZS laptop. The port sometimes randomly fails at the minimum touch, causing it to stop charging for a second. The laptop is only 7 months old, and I'm concerned that this issue may be a hardware defect that could potentially worsen over time.

I have previously had a similar issue with my old laptop, but that started failing after three years of use. However, with my current laptop, it seems weird that it just happened after 7 months of use. I use it in the exact same way as I used my old laptop, which was a Zephyrus S17 GX701GWR.

I've opened the laptop to add more RAM, and I'm not sure if the warranty will cover any repairs, given that I've tampered with the device. I'm also unsure whether the issue lies with the charging cable/tip or the charging jack/connector.

I sometimes use my laptop while on the bed, placed on top of my legs, and the charging cable is not forced or anything, and I don't move. Other times, I have it on my living room table without forcing the cable.

Has anyone else experienced a similar issue with this model or similar models?

Thank you in advance for your help.

2 REPLIES 2

Chronus
Level 7

rog strix g733qsa does this too, I have 3 different chargers, it's not the chargers.

chicago23
Level 7

ROG STRIX i9 13k RTX 3060 - Screen Glitches/ Power issues same as described except every second and has caused my laptop to be completely unusable.

Its armory crate. and some executive is going to get their head chopped off in order for anything to change so I think whoever is in charge of community relations wake the ****** up and do your god ****** jobs you lazy sacks of ******s