cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cannot update BIOS on rog gl552vw laptop

Redeemer
Level 7
I want to update to the latest version of the bios 300. I have tried the flash utility from Asus within Windows and in the bios using easy flash via usb stick and no luck. The Easy Flash utility just hangs on screen, no erasing, no updating nothing. USB stick is formatted FAT 32, I have also stored the BIOS file on the HDD either way it wont update.

4 REPLIES 4

TimeLion724
Level 8
Best way to update your BIOS is from the UEFI BIOS menu.
" The speed of the fallen one does not change..."

GUIDE TO FIXING BSOD ERRORS

Tinesh_Suresh
Level 7
Same here on gl752vw cannot update bios it just hang

Tinesh Suresh wrote:
Same here on gl752vw cannot update bios it just hang

I think this problem because of the bios I use which is version 214. I think there's some problem in Asus bios flash utility within the bios. I can't even flash the recently released bios.

No one replied or suggest solution for this problem.Then for what this forum.Im pretty sure that There is problem in bios version 214. Now I can't even downgrade to older Bios 213

Tinesh_Suresh
Level 7
Redeemer wrote:
I want to update to the latest version of the bios 300. I have tried the flash utility from Asus within Windows and in the bios using easy flash via usb stick and no luck. The Easy Flash utility just hangs on screen, no erasing, no updating nothing. USB stick is formatted FAT 32, I have also stored the BIOS file on the HDD either way it wont update.

Did u find any solution?