Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Asus Rog Strix GL703GS low FPS while charging

Lucian288
Level 7
Hello.
I have an ASUS ROG STRIX GL703GS-E5011T
Intel Core i7-8750H Hexa-Core Processor (8th Gen) | 17.3" Full HD IPS 3ms 144Hz Screen | Microsoft Windows 10 Home 64-bit | 16GB DDR4 RAM | M.2 256G SSD PCIE + 1000GB FireCuda SSHD | Dedicated GeForce GTX 1070 8GB Graphics |

I have this laptop for about a year now, but i have noticed this problem since a few months back,when playing games, with the charger UNPLUGGED i get decent FPS and game runs pretty smooth without stuttering. When playing different games with the charger PLUGGED IN i get a significant decresse in FPS and an increase in GPU heating. I have did some optimisation witht the NVidia Gforce Experience, i've set the power mode to best performance, and alot of other different things that i could found on the internet, but i still get the same problem. Any suggestions? i mean, if i use it with charger plugged shouldn't i get better performance, not worse? Thank you.i can provide additional information if needed,just ask me. Thank you
3 REPLIES 3

xeromist
***Moved from Service Inquiries. You must have an existing RMA***
A bus station is where a bus stops. A train station is where a train stops. On my desk, I have a work station…

Sorry for the noobish question, but what is an RMA? thanks

xeromist
RMA is a Return Merchandise Authorization. It means a company has agreed to accept a product return. It usually pertains to a defect repair/replacement under warranty. In the case of the sub forum where you originally posted it's only purpose is to escalate an existing RMA that has gotten stuck. Hence the sticky at the top of that area with strict rules on posting there.
A bus station is where a bus stops. A train station is where a train stops. On my desk, I have a work station…