cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

asus GS703GM brand new laptop with dead keyboard.

tuby10
Level 7
Hello people,

I am new to the Asus computer and I am a bit disappointed, I bought this laptop and I hit the power button and try to configure from the very beginning but the keyboard is completely dead. I have red the forum and internet to see how to fix it. I found out that several of you have the same issue with different models and there is a hotfix for certain models, unfortunately there are no hotfix for this model which is GS703GM.

ISSUE> KEYBOARD IS DEAD SO THE BACKLIGHT OF THE KEYS. Is dead in bios and in windows

What's done> I have connectedn usb keyboard in order to use it and to see if I can fix this. I have latest windows home updated and the asus update tool also up to date. BIOS is also updated to 308.
I try to update the ATK drivers but I downloaded the latest one in the Others sections on the drivers page but, when I hit setup it says that if I want to uninstall the driver... holymoly I want to install them so not sure is that is working since it does nothing. then I install the version from the windows store which is pointed by the asus page which version is 10.0.10 something like that. that got installed. but it says only for windows version 14xx and I have 18xx version.... so not sure if that helps.
I have also try to update the keyboard driver from windows from device manager but it says you have the latest driver.

driver name in windows device manager is> pc/at enhanced ps/2 keyboard 101/102 key

I contacted the help desk in a chat but they told me to do a hard reset I am not sure is that is going to fix this since it did not work from the beginning. So I am holding it with that a bit.

as I am typing right now with an usb keyboard, I am hitting capslock and when I hit it the same key in the laptop keyboard is showing the light!!!!!!

Seems to be a SW issue?

NOW ANY IDEA HOW TO FIX IT???? because I am totally toasted.

I will appreciated much really!!!

thanks a lot for the help in advance.
2 REPLIES 2

GeoBRB
Level 10

thanks for the reply.

I am currently at 1803 of windows home 10. so not sure what to do since you said it is for v1809.