cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ASUS GL752VW and Installing M.2 SSDs ?

graniteknighte
Level 7
Hi all,

This is my first post and I have questions regarding my laptop and the SSD I just purchased. Everything I have read online and searched for has been rather contradictory and confusing so I thought I would ask for a simple direct answer here. My laptop is an ASUS GL752VW running Windows 10 and the SSD I just bought was the Intel 600p 256GB NVME. All I want to use the drive for is for extra disk space.

I have installed the drive and screwed it in, shouldn't it come up under This PC and be perfectly usable? Or have I purchased the wrong product and I will be very upset because I just wasted $110.00?

Help please
4 REPLIES 4

Bill
Level 7
Hello graniteknighte
Can you explain your issue more clearly? So did your computer recognized your drive in BIOS?
Have you formatted your drive before installing? If your drive is visible in BIOS but not in the OS
please go to your disk management and format your drive. Once done, your drive should be visible in Windows, thank you

Bill@ASUS wrote:
Hello graniteknighte
Can you explain your issue more clearly? So did your computer recognized your drive in BIOS?
Have you formatted your drive before installing? If your drive is visible in BIOS but not in the OS
please go to your disk management and format your drive. Once done, your drive should be visible in Windows, thank you

It did not pick up the drive in BIOS, so I would not be able to format it in Disk management because it is not there to begin with, make sense?

cl-Albert
US Customer Loyalty Agent
graniteknighte wrote:
Hi all,

My laptop is an ASUS GL752VW running Windows 10 and the SSD I just bought was the Intel 600p 256GB NVME. All I want to use the drive for is for extra disk space.

Hi graniteknighte,

fyi.
If you haven't seen the thread below, you may want to take a look, but the GL752VW can use 2 different types of motherbards to either support SATA M.2 SSDs or PCIe M.2 SSDs, and the same motherboard cannot support both SATA M.2 SSDs and PCIe M.2 SSDs, so you want to first figure out which one you have.
https://rog.asus.com/forum/showthread.php?83944-GL752VW-adding-an-SSD-drive/page2

If you don't see any labels and ASUS support wasn't able to confirm this for you, feel free to send me a Private Message with your serial number to cl-Albert if you want me to look into it more. Thanks.

cl-Albert
US Customer Loyalty Agent
Hi graniteknighte,

Thanks for sending me your serial number and our system shows you have the SATA M.2 SSD version of the GL752VW motherboard, so don't expect you will be able to get any PCIe M.2 SSDs working on it and would stay away from them for your specific unit/serial number. Thanks.