cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Asus G15 Advantage edition shuttering when gaming and having youtube video playing

cestrada1324
Level 7
so I am been having an issue with my Asus G15 Advantage edition, every time I play a game like valorant or league of legends and decide to have a youtube video playing in the background, my frame rates shutter hard or drop hard too. My fps usually hovers around 200 to 250 but if I am playing music on youtube or spotify it drops to 100 even up to 80s for me. Even using discord orverlay and send a gif causes my laptop to freeze a bit before going back to normal. I didnt expect a laptop that cost me this much and has all this power cant handle running youtube and league of legends compare to my gf's acer gaming laptop that has a gtx 1650. Is there any way to fix this, I updated my bios, updated my drivers, and even reinstalled windows 3 times, twice on windows 11 and then downgrading to windows 10.
3 REPLIES 3

xeromist
All I can think of is did you get the drivers from the G15 support page or from AMD? I would make sure to install the ones from ASUS as theoretically those have been validated with this specific hardware. Also on the support page make sure to click "see all downloads" as sometimes stuff you need might be hidden.
A bus station is where a bus stops. A train station is where a train stops. On my desk, I have a work station…

Luis_G
Level 7
cestrada1324 wrote:
so I am been having an issue with my Asus G15 Advantage edition, every time I play a game like valorant or league of legends and decide to have a youtube video playing in the background, my frame rates shutter hard or drop hard too. My fps usually hovers around 200 to 250 but if I am playing music on youtube or spotify it drops to 100 even up to 80s for me. Even using discord orverlay and send a gif causes my laptop to freeze a bit before going back to normal. I didnt expect a laptop that cost me this much and has all this power cant handle running youtube and league of legends compare to my gf's acer gaming laptop that has a gtx 1650. Is there any way to fix this, I updated my bios, updated my drivers, and even reinstalled windows 3 times, twice on windows 11 and then downgrading to windows 10.

Hey, just disable hardware acceleration on Chrome or Edge. That should fix the issue.

George11
Level 7

The Asus G15 Advantage edition is marketed as a high-performance laptop that should be able to handle gaming and other demanding tasks with ease. It's disappointing to hear that it's experiencing stuttering issues when gaming and having a YouTube video playing simultaneously. If this is a widespread issue, it could potentially impact the laptop's reputation and sales. It's important for Asus to investigate and address the issue as soon as possible to prevent further customer dissatisfaction.