cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Abnormal graphic display on G634JY (ROG Strix Scar 16, 2023).

jsdryan
Level 7

I purchased my laptop from the U.S. Amazon shopping website. After booting it up, I opened the NVIDIA GeForce Experience software to update the display driver. However, I noticed that the graphics displayed on the screen were abnormal (see Abnormal 1).

abnormal1_internal_display.jpg

Subsequently, I installed several games and tried to optimize my game settings through the NVIDIA GeForce Experience software. Yet, I found the graphics on the game interface were also aberrant (see Abnormal 2 and 3).

abnormal2_internal_display.jpg

Initially, I assumed it was a system issue, so I connected the laptop to an external monitor. To my surprise, the previously abnormal graphics were normal on the external monitor (see Normal 1 and 2). So, I want to know, is this laptop defective? If so, what should I do? If not, will you be able to provide a fix for this issue?

abnormal3_internal_display.jpgnormal2_external_display.jpgnormal1_external_display.jpg

I have already updated my graphics card driver and all related drivers for this computer to the latest versions

7 REPLIES 7

Sedna66
Level 9

Have you tried switching to discreet and hybrid mode?
I'm assuming I upgrade the Intel Integrated Graphics as well.
It looks like a driver not installed problem, it seems like an insufficient color palette with the consequent color degradation.

1. Have you tried switching to discreet and hybrid mode?

What are discreet and hybrid mode? Are there in Armoury Crate? My Armoury Crate is like this:

2023-06-04_15-20-15.png

2023-06-04_15-20-31.png

2. I'm assuming I upgrade the Intel Integrated Graphics as well.

I've updated all of the latest drivers, no latest drivers can be updated for my laptop now.

3. It looks like a driver not installed problem, it seems like an insufficient color palette with the consequent color degradation.

This is my NVIDIA driver version, I think that's the latest one too.2023-06-04_15-24-55.png

I've also contacted with ASUS suppport, the solutions they gave didn't work for me.

Is anyone have the same problem?

Sedna66
Level 9

I leave screenshot where you can switch between ultimate mode (discrete) or integrated graphics mode (standard). In the same way, you can see that you have the option of a backlight zone enabled in ONE ZONE, if you have a mini-led, enable multizone, see screenshot.
On the other hand, also observe the other captures belonging to the windows color profile and also the Nvidia control panel, such as something that has this impressive Rog screen that (almost nobody gives importance to it), being very important .. 10Bits deep color and not 8 as usual in more mediocre panels. Make sure all of it is properly enabled and working.
The Windows color profile will not match yours since in my case I have a custom ICM profile with a Delta better adjusted to the mini-led screen, yours should say "ASUS......"
In the same way I hope that you do not have HDR enabled in SDR since this produces errors in SDR images.
If none of this solves it, you should contact Asus support.
Greetings.

Captura de pantalla (5).png

Captura de pantalla (6).png

ok.png

ok2.png

ok3.png

Thank you!

But my laptop still has the same issues even though I followed your tips.

Does your laptop got this issue?

jsdryan
Level 7

The problems still exist even though I've been to Asus Royal Club, what should I do now?

Sedna66
Level 9

ok.png

Finally check this on your laptop.

My laptop no problem abnormal color.

screenshot:

Captura de pantalla (10).png

Can you share your color profile? Would like to know whether if this is the main problem or not.