Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

update firmware asus pg329q V036 Oficial HDR performance

murenitu
Level 7
Versión V036
2021/12/13

https://rog.asus.com/es/monitors/32-to-34-inches/rog-swift-pg329q-model/helpdesk_bios

Even without knowing what it really changes, they have uploaded a few days ago a new version of Firmware V036 to improve HDR performance.

Can anyone tell us what changes?

Formerly I had the V034, what I have noticed is that now the monitor does not make me the brightness drop "so well known" even if you were playing with hdr for a while.

But if I get the feeling that the brightness level in HDR (Racing Mode) is somewhat "lower" or maybe it's just me.

Can anyone else post their impressions and comment on what version they had before upgrading?
5 REPLIES 5

reddeath
Level 9
Any chance that ASUS will enable brightness control with a new firmware when using the sRGB mode?

murenitu
Level 7
You can request it here, I think a member of the forum who is an Asus worker.

reddeath
Level 9
Yes. I would like to request a new firmware with the option to adjust brightness and other settings as well, which currently get locked when enabling the sRGB mode.
Target: PG329Q ultra wide color gamut monitor.

Explanation. Currently, the only way to clamp the extremely wide color gamut in monitor to the sRGB color space, which is the one used and required by Windows OS, is to use the sRGB mode. However, that mode disables all picture controls, including brightness. The brightness is above the standard level and too bright for use in a darker environment. No option to change color levels means that it is not possible to calibrate the screen.
When using any other mode than sRGB, the color space is too large and all colors are incorrect - oversaturated.

The only way I currently know about to overcome this issue is to use an app that uses hidden nvidia API in their drivers to do color space conversion. While it seems to work at the moment, it can stop working at any moment, since it is just a single developer on github working on the app, using 3rd party driver api, which can stop working at any moment.

reddeath wrote:
Yes. I would like to request a new firmware with the option to adjust brightness and other settings as well, which currently get locked when enabling the sRGB mode.
Target: PG329Q ultra wide color gamut monitor.

Explanation. Currently, the only way to clamp the extremely wide color gamut in monitor to the sRGB color space, which is the one used and required by Windows OS, is to use the sRGB mode. However, that mode disables all picture controls, including brightness. The brightness is above the standard level and too bright for use in a darker environment. No option to change color levels means that it is not possible to calibrate the screen.
When using any other mode than sRGB, the color space is too large and all colors are incorrect - oversaturated.

The only way I currently know about to overcome this issue is to use an app that uses hidden nvidia API in their drivers to do color space conversion. While it seems to work at the moment, it can stop working at any moment, since it is just a single developer on github working on the app, using 3rd party driver api, which can stop working at any moment.

I would livelli having it as well! Coloro look great on sRGB but the screen brightness is to low.

ddg4005
Level 7

I'm requesting a new firmware that permanently upgrades the resolution to 4K, with support for Adaptive Sync.  Any improvements to HDR would be welcome too.

DDG