cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ROG PG48UQ noise

Romzess
Level 7
After updating the firmware, the speakers make noise all the time only if DisplayPort connection. If I turn off the speakers the noise is gone.
9 REPLIES 9

phatmonkey
Level 9
Romzess wrote:
After updating the firmware, the speakers make noise all the time only if DisplayPort connection. If I turn off the speakers the noise is gone.

At least your firmware update worked, it bricked mine, got a new one coming...
Windows 11 | Rog Maximus Z690 Hero | i9-14900K | Corsair Vengeance DDR5 4800mhz 64GB | MSI 4090 SUPRIM X | Apollo x16 | Quantum 2626 | ASUS ROG Swift OLED PG48UQ | H150i RGB Pro XT | AX1200i | Dark Core Pro SE | K100 RGB

TeaDogSD
Level 7
Romzess wrote:

Mine made noises as well. Culprit was the DP wire that came with the monitor. I have three of these, the other two DP cables work fine. Try switching out the DP cables.

TeaDogSD wrote:
Mine made noises as well. Culprit was the DP wire that came with the monitor. I have three of these, the other two DP cables work fine. Try switching out the DP cables.

This didn't work me. I tried 3 cables so far.

Same issue here. I tried different cables and GPUs and power outlets and I've got nothing.

Asus support suggested an RMA, but I'll wait for the next firmware to see how that goes.

Just piling on here I had the same issue.

Tried 8 different DP cables with no luck, switched to HDMI and the issue went away.

The sound is super annoying.

JW

Did you or any one find a solution?

eisenb11
Level 8
Interestingly, it appears that V032 is no longer available for download.

Did you guys find a solution? Asus, are you guys working on this?

TE
Level 8

Hello
Those of you who had this problem.
How did you manage to solve this?

I also have a winning sound from the speakers on the monitor with DP.
Works perfectly with HDMI.
Also disappears if I turn the volume down to zero.
Tested several DP cables.

Win11
Strix 4090
x670e-e