cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PG42UQ - Red/Green pixel shift

fluxrez
Level 7
Hello,

I am seeing a very odd but subtle color shift on my new monitor. Do others with this screen see the same thing? Its like the RED and GREEN pixels are slightly shifted. Its only visible on Green, orange, and yellow things. SUPER visible in Excel. Considering an RMA.

EDIT: I found a post on another forum. Apparently this is normal. Something with the way it displays the sub pixels. Kind of a bummer, but at least I know I don't have a bad screen.
4 REPLIES 4

fluxrez
Level 7
More examples attached

axiomatic13
Level 7

I have it now as well after updating v025 firmware up to v033. It seems they have broken HDR. A comment also supported in this article. If you switch back to SDR the red/green shift goes away.

"Update 12/09/2022: ASUS released a firmware update, V033, that's advertised to fix the 'ConsoleHDR' mode, power, and overclock issues. We didn't experience the power and overclock issues in our original testing with a Windows PC (read more about the overclock with macOS here), so we looked at the HDR performance with this new firmware. Unfortunately, it doesn't do anything to significantly improve the HDR performance as colors still look washed out. While playing Destiny 2 and Borderlands on the PC, colors are washed out with HDR enabled in Windows and in the game. The same thing happens even when disabling Windows HDR but keeping the HDR enabled in-game. It looks the same with the Xbox Series X while playing Destiny 2 as well, and external sources still look washed out in HDR. Enabling the overclock or VRR in HDR doesn't change anything either, so the HDR performance is still disappointing."

https://www.rtings.com/monitor/reviews/asus/rog-swift-oled-pg42uq

axiomatic13
Level 7

I just figured out how to fix it. Turn off HDR in Windows. Then set the SDR mode to sRGB, then switch back to HDR. Red/Green shift is now gone for me. I hope it fixes it for you as well!