cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Asus Rog Swift PG258Q QUESTION

BLOODCHILLER
Level 7
Hi all thinking of geting the Asus Rog Swift PG258Q MONITOR but will i be able to conect it to my GPU: ROG-STRIX-GTX1060-A6G-GAMING at the moment i am not sure i have checked the specifications and dont understand will i be able to conect my gpu to the monitor or not do i have to by a diferent GPU like 1080 ?
ROG-STRIX-GTX1060-A6G-GAMING
Interface
DVI Output : Yes x 1 (Native) (DVI-D)
HDMI Output : Yes x 2 (Native) (HDMI 2.0)
Display Port : Yes x 2 (Regular DP)
HDCP Support : Yes
==========================
ROG SWIFT PG258Q
Signal Input : HDMI, DisplayPort
USB Port(s) : 3.0x2

Thank you !!!
3 REPLIES 3

AKDragon
Level 7
Yeah it will work fine. However my advice unless you require the lowest input lag or are getting into pro gaming avoid TN panels they are the worst. Go for a 144hz VA or IPS monitor instead.
TN=poor contrast ratio, poor colours, poor viewing angles, fastest response times
VA=best contrast ratio, better colours, better viewing angles, good response times
IPS=average contrast ratio, best colours, best viewing angles, better response times.

BLOODCHILLER
Level 7
Thanks for the advice AKDragon i will have another look around for a 144Hz ips
Got a budget of 600€ going to be on assassins creed , Hit man series and e sports War thunder at the moment .
My nice Iiyama prolite is ok for casual gaming but i get the impresion my GPU is going to waste with this monitor plus the frame rate is to low and the enemy gets me before i c him did think of geting the Asus Rog Swift PG248Q at 180 Hz but my friend at the shop told me to avoid it ...
My first idea was to get a ROG ips monitor but there like over 800€ plus dont think my gpu will be able to handle them ...
not enuf options in my price range that are G sync at the moment 😞 !!!
So after all this searching i just whanted to make sure that it can be conected to my GPU lol

AKDragon
Level 7
Well now that Nvidia supports some freesync monitors you aren't locked down to just monitors with Gsync modules. Nvidia have a certified gsync compatible list but there are loads more freesync monitors that are working with gsync that are not on that list. However I think they are still subject to the freesync ranges (40-144hz) so as long as you are gaming at 40fps or more VRR will be in effect.

Unless you are short on space you could look at 27" monitors, there are far more VA/IPS monitors at that screensize. The only downside is at 27" 1080p will look soft due too low PPI, still personally I would go for a 1080p VA/IPS at 27" over a 24" TN panel anyday.

Here are two options I would look into seeing if they are gsync compatible:
ASUS VG279Q - 27" IPS 144hz Freesync
ASUS XG27VQ - 27" VA 144hz Freesync

Additional Info:
https://forums.geforce.com/default/topic/1094478/geforce-drivers/non-certified-freesync-monitors-tha...

Some Google sheets with freesync monitors tested with Nvidia GPU's:
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1YI0RQcymJSY0-LkbjSRGswWpJzVRuK_4zMvphRbh19k/edit#gid=1455257...
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1Ej9mOe5NamLldpfyFfXrqvLMZP-aG2Zi1su7QzPRNJY/edit#gid=0

The upside of all this is that the freesync monitors are quite a bit cheaper than gsync ones, you could be looking at a saving of 150-200 Euro, while still being able to utilise VRR....