cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Asus PG329Q problem after update to bios v036

Hello, I apologize in advance for my English. Guys I updated my monitor to v036 and that was my biggest mistake...

I lost the ability to use 2560x1440 120 MHz + 10 bit (although it was because of this characteristic that I bought this particular monitor)

The brightness has dropped noticeably, and dynamic dimming is now practically not working, it's just awful

Bottom line: If I used to like hdr, now I can't look at this terrible picture. I ADVISE DO NOT UPDATE YOUR MONITOR TO v036!

Tell me, is it possible to install v034 back and where can I get it?
5 REPLIES 5

marceeu
Level 7
�˜�³�¾Ñ€ÑŒ �œ wrote:
Hello, I apologize in advance for my English. Guys I updated my monitor to v036 and that was my biggest mistake...

I lost the ability to use 2560x1440 120 MHz + 10 bit (although it was because of this characteristic that I bought this particular monitor)

The brightness has dropped noticeably, and dynamic dimming is now practically not working, it's just awful

Bottom line: If I used to like hdr, now I can't look at this terrible picture. I ADVISE DO NOT UPDATE YOUR MONITOR TO v036!

Hello, for the 120hz and 10bit you can create a custode resolution usino your graphics card panel and set 4:2:2 10bit limited

marceeu wrote:
Hello, for the 120hz and 10bit you can create a custode resolution usino your graphics card panel and set 4:2:2 10bit limited

When 4:2:2 is turned on, the image seems to double with a blue tint. By the way, earlier it was possible to set 4:4:4 and then the image did not move

Istoir
Level 7
�˜�³�¾Ñ€ÑŒ �œ wrote:

I support, on the previous firmware it was possible to use 2560x1440 120 MHz + 10 bit 4:4:4 FULLRGB.
You need to either add it to edid, or provide the firmware in which this feature is present (there is no older firmware to download from the monitor support page).

515orestis
Level 7

@Ð_Ð_Ð_Ñ_ÑŒ_Ðœ  @Istoir  Has any of you found a fix for this problem or do you have v34 archived to share with me? 

515orestis
Level 7

@Ð_Ð_Ð_Ñ_ÑŒ_Ðœ  @Istoir  

with ver 036 with my monitor is possible  to run 142 mhz 4.4.4 FULLRGB 10 bit and hdr with dp

Custom Resolution Utility - Download (lo4d.com)

but i need to use this utility and make the resolution the secret is to duplicate the values from 10 bit 60 Mhz  setting and not make the resolution from scratch, because with the defaults sub setting it will not work 

i will advice to start from lower mhz like 120 and  start increasing from there ,

every time check if the monitor is using the correct mhz and is using 4.4.4 in OSD

@murenitu 

finally if anyone has ver 34 or 37 or another please share with me because i having the bellow problem

DisplayPort backlight stays on when windows 11 put monitors at standby (sleep)| asus PG329Q windows ...

with any monitor setting

asus support want share ver 037 RMA ASUS PG329q V036 AND THEY RETURNED A BROKEN MO... - Republic of Gamers Forum - 957481