cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

4K ROG 32 inch or above monitor

rayliang127
Level 7
Just wondering if there's a ROG monitor with 4K (2160P) HDR G-Sync 100Hz or above with DisplayPort 1.4 HDMI 2.0a and HDCP 2.2 with at least 32 inches or up in the work? Recently I just purchased a ROG PG348Q with it only comes with HDMI 1.2 and HDCP 1.4 and is 1440P. I wanted to play PS4 Pro in 4K but it only supports HDMI 2.0 and HDCP 2.2, not to mention it does not support 1440P but requires 2160P. Don't get me wrong, the monitor is beautiful and I loved it in every way except the fact that it doesn't come with HDMI 2.0 and HDCP 2.2, which limits usage with some current high resolution devices. I understand that it was my fault for purchasing the monitor without doing thorough research but it was on sale so I jumped without thinking much.... Just wondering if ASUS is planning to release a monitor with those capabilities. Thanks.
10 REPLIES 10

MasterC
Community Admin
Community Admin
Hi rayliang127,

Our next flagship gaming monitor is the ROG Swift PG35VQ, in case you decide to build an ROG gaming rig:)
https://rog.asus.com/articles/gaming-monitors/the-35-rog-swift-pg35vq-gaming-monitor-turns-hdr-and-q...

If you need a 32"+ 4K monitor, you won't need G-SYNC and 100Hz for the PS4 Pro. Currently ASUS has the PA329Q for professionals:
https://www.asus.com/Monitors/PA329Q/
Might be a little overkill for the PlayStation though...

In the future, keep in mind that high refresh rates are not likely to be available through HDMI, and our monitors with GameFast can reduce input lag (probably why you went with a monitor instead of a TV right?).

As far upcoming projects are concerned, you can keep up-to-date on the ROG website.

Thanks MasterC:
I want a 32 inches 4K with at l east 100Hz because I also play PC games on the side, thus I just want to everything in one basket. Initially I also looked at the PA329Q but refresh rate tops out at 60Hz. I understand that higher refresh rate will only be available through DisplayPort, which is why I'm trying to see if ASUS is planning to produce a large monitor with HDMI 2.0 HDCP 2.2 to satisfy the console side and DisplayPort 1.4 with at least 100Hz for the PC side. I've been looking at the PG35VQ as well, but then again it's 1440P and not 2160P, which is required for the console side. I just wish ASUS would acknowledge that there are some gamers who would prefer to connect everything to a single monitor and be able to get the best of both worlds.

MasterC@ASUS wrote:
Hi rayliang127,

Our next flagship gaming monitor is the ROG Swift PG35VQ, in case you decide to build an ROG gaming rig:)
https://rog.asus.com/articles/gaming-monitors/the-35-rog-swift-pg35vq-gaming-monitor-turns-hdr-and-q...

If you need a 32"+ 4K monitor, you won't need G-SYNC and 100Hz for the PS4 Pro. Currently ASUS has the PA329Q for professionals:
https://www.asus.com/Monitors/PA329Q/
Might be a little overkill for the PlayStation though...

In the future, keep in mind that high refresh rates are not likely to be available through HDMI, and our monitors with GameFast can reduce input lag (probably why you went with a monitor instead of a TV right?).

As far upcoming projects are concerned, you can keep up-to-date on the ROG website.

When is the PG35VQ going to be released?? Is it delayed like pg27uq?

MasterC
Community Admin
Community Admin
Hi rayliang127,

Thanks for your feedback, we have the new Strix XG series which is more suitable for people who also have a console. Console users usually avoid spending too much on a display unless it's a big screen TV, pricing is a key benefit when gaming on consoles. By the way consoles are evolving, 4K monitors seem to be a viable choice in the future. It should be a matter of pricing and timing. If anyone else is eager to hook up a console to their monitor, make some noise in this thread - we hear you!

MasterC
Community Admin
Community Admin
PG27UQ is scheduled for release this year, and PG35VQ next year.

MasterC@ASUS wrote:
PG27UQ is scheduled for release this year, and PG35VQ next year.

Can you confirm? I thought it was the opposite...with the PG35VQ this year.

MasterC
Community Admin
Community Admin
Hi jrrog1975,

Scheduled dates may have slight delays in certain regions, but this was confirmed.

JHackman
Level 7
rayliang127 wrote:
Just wondering if there's a ROG monitor with 4K (2160P) HDR G-Sync 100Hz or above with DisplayPort 1.4 HDMI 2.0a and HDCP 2.2 with at least 32 inches or up in the work? Recently I just purchased a ROG PG348Q with it only comes with HDMI 1.2 and HDCP 1.4 and is 1440P. I wanted to play PS4 Pro in 4K but it only supports HDMI 2.0 and HDCP 2.2, not to mention it does not support 1440P but requires 2160P. Don't get me wrong, the monitor is beautiful and I loved it in every way except the fact that it doesn't come with HDMI 2.0 and HDCP 2.2, which limits usage with some current high resolution devices. I understand that it was my fault for purchasing the monitor without doing thorough research but it was on sale so I jumped without thinking much.... Just wondering if ASUS is planning to release a monitor with those capabilities. Thanks.

Fresh news about upcoming panels for your pleasure:

http://www.tftcentral.co.uk/news_archive/38.htm#auo_roadmap_oct17

JHackman wrote:
Fresh news about upcoming panels for your pleasure:

http://www.tftcentral.co.uk/news_archive/38.htm#auo_roadmap_oct17

Based on the roadmap, the PG35VQ will be delayed until at least Q2 2018. What's the best current alternative?