cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What are you playing? What do you think?

noone
Level 8
I like to play most of the FPS / Action / Adventure titles. I'm interested what others with G750 are playing and what you think.

Currently playing Max Payne 3, loving it.

on the JW need to drop a fair few settings but this is one of the best looking games I've played on the g750 (only had it a month) although the shadows can look a little odd in the animated (not video) cut scenes.

Have downloaded and will be playing Tomb Raider (looks good so far), Crysis 3 (mostly to push the GPU for fun), Dead Space 3.
Most of the way through COD4 which was great in the 1st 1/2, but starting to feel a little generic. Payday 2 is always fun, but does not look much better maxed out than on my old generic lappy. Started playing Deus Ex which I'd downloaded on sale over the holidays, another beautiful looking game which makes me glad I upgraded.

I'd been concerned with the CPU heat during some benchmarking but during any games I'm seeing just under 70deg for the CPU and up to 71 for the GPU (HWMonitor keeping tabs on everything for me).

So, what are you playing now and would you recommend it?
19 REPLIES 19

angrylemon
Level 10
Been playing Twilight Princess with a Skyward Sword texture pack using a Wii U controller via Dolphin. Might start playing Ocarina of Time with a Cel-Shaded pack with my N64 controller. Yes, I have adapters for both controllers 😄 PC game wise, I want to start playing all of Batman Arkham series as I haven't played it before.

Darnassus
Status Under Review
angrylemon wrote:
Been playing Twilight Princess with a Skyward Sword texture pack using a Wii U controller via Dolphin. Might start playing Ocarina of Time with a Cel-Shaded pack with my N64 controller. Yes, I have adapters for both controllers 😄 PC game wise, I want to start playing all of Batman Arkham series as I haven't played it before.

Wait what? You can play Wii games on your laptop, with a Wii Controller?

Darnassus
Status Under Review
Unreal Tournament 3 full graph

WoW on full graph

Crysis 1 (finally get to start the story) oh and full graph

Warcraft 3 (olololol for the win. Some custom maps pounded the CPU) full graph? ':f

A few.. special games that were messy on the Unreal Engine.

And still experiencing more!

OH and World of Tanks FULL GRAPHICS!!

Darnassus wrote:
Unreal Tournament 3 full graph

WoW on full graph

Crysis 1 (finally get to start the story) oh and full graph

Warcraft 3 (olololol for the win. Some custom maps pounded the CPU) full graph? ':f

A few.. special games that were messy on the Unreal Engine.

And still experiencing more!

OH and World of Tanks FULL GRAPHICS!!

Which G750 do you have? Because on my Jw i can only play WoT on med-high graphics...

XCOM: Enemy Within maxed, Star Craft II maxed, Civ 5 maxed, Minecraft (still too slow sometimes), and...... Baldur's Gate II. Love this laptop!

I've also tried SWOR and Skyrim. Both worked great, just don't have the time to get into playing them...

I have the G750JX btw.

Tom Windschitl wrote:
Which G750 do you have? Because on my Jw i can only play WoT on med-high graphics...

Oh oops lol, the G750JX. 770m full graphic at 60 fps

angrylemon
Level 10
Bought one of these. Dolphin, the emulator, can play either Gamecube or Wii games.

Darnassus
Status Under Review
angrylemon wrote:
Bought one of these. Dolphin, the emulator, can play either Gamecube or Wii games.

Holy Hellfire. Do you need to buy anything? Or can I just use the Bluetooth module in my laptop unit to work with the remote?

Also the sensor, it's just a USB in the back of the Wii isn't it?

Twilight Princess. D; ❤️

Darnassus wrote:
Holy Hellfire. Do you need to buy anything? Or can I just use the Bluetooth module in my laptop unit to work with the remote?

Also the sensor, it's just a USB in the back of the Wii isn't it?

Twilight Princess. D; ❤️

Looks like just bluetooth for the Wii remote, the sensor (not USB connected) just identifies it on the screen, so I assume the Wii will have to be on to power the sensor.

Edit: Just tested the Wii remote and it comes up on the bluetooth list. Ok, got it working you don't need to follow the instructions, Just press the Sync button, then press next and it should pair with the laptop 😄