cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ROG G750 gfx issue

404_not_found
Level 7
Hello there fellows,

I purchased a used ROG G750jw a while back it had an issue with not installing drivers for gtx765m. When ever i tried to install it Nvidia driver setup was unable to find any gpu, installing it manually keeps rolling it back.

I tried to update the bios of the laptop. When i tried to update g750jw bios it prompt me saying its the wrong model. Under cpuz i saw that its g750jm. Amazed, so i downloaded g750jm bios and updated it.

Still had no luck with gtx765m. Well under the specs of g750jm i wondered if i am installing gtx765m driver over gtx860m. I downloaded and checked. Ummmm no luck. Under gpuz i confirmed it was a gtx765m, to be sure I disassembled it and looked under its reference number mentioned on its core.

Yup gtx765m plugged in a mainboard of g750jm. Now perhaps the laptop’s board might have been replaced with a g750jm causing it conflict with the g750jw gtx765m gpu. *

Now the problem and the question is that whether this g750jm has a vbios for gtx765m or not or do i need to replace its gpu assuming its faulty?
If not how to mod the bios and insert the gtx765m vbios in it ? As g750jm is originally shipped with gtx860m. *
0 REPLIES 0