cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

power cable for g7512jy falls out easily...solved

cablebandit
Level 7
Those who have the g751 know the power cable port is not very tight and falls out easily. I cut a one inch strip of velcro and put it behind the screen on the right side by the power port. When plugged in i use the velcro strap thats on the power cord from the factory and attach it to the piece of velcro strip i added on back of laptop. Now the cord never falls out 🙂
3 REPLIES 3

Phyros
Level 7
cablebandit wrote:
Those who have the g751 know the power cable port is not very tight and falls out easily. I cut a one inch strip of velcro and put it behind the screen on the right side by the power port. When plugged in i use the velcro strap thats on the power cord from the factory and attach it to the piece of velcro strip i added on back of laptop. Now the cord never falls out 🙂

I can't believe it's the only post I can find about this (and its 8 months old).

I just bought a g751 and this happened to me like 50 times. I don't understand how you can have this kind of problem on a 2k€ product (don't get me wrong, this computer is amazing!). Does it concern only a few owners or is it the same for everyone?

joshindaphils
Level 11
I've always assumed that the lose power was a design feature to prevent undue stress from damaging the power connector... kinda like a poor man's magsafe. Really I don't think it is bad. While I definitely have noticed the 'lose' power connector it has never bothered me once, 99.8% of the time my laptop is on my desk or on my entertainment center, in both cases sitting on a flat surface.

clockworksatan
Level 7
There's a youtube video review (one of the many that I watched before going for the G751) that complains about the power cable falling out too easily. I've only had my one for less than a week so was expecting it to feel flimsy, but no - it plugs in nice and tight and feels like it won't disconnect.
Asus ROG G751JT-T7115H
17.3" IPS, Intel i7-4720HQ, 16Gb RAM, NVidia GeForce GTX970m, 256Gb M.2 SSD + 1Tb SSHD