cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Need Advice for LCD replacement G750jx

RogJohn
Level 7
Planning to replace my lcd display and i really need help on choosing one. My lcd display is working just fine but the horizontal line is driving me nuts its very very sore in the eye its very grainy and when you read on white and gray or just plain black and white it tends to flick alot giving me headache reading. In terms of gaming its absolutely fine no complain at all but im a student so i read alot of research papers. I need advice what a good lcd display if i could get 120hz display without 3d if possible or just higher pixels
1 REPLY 1

hmscott
Level 12
RogJohn wrote:
Planning to replace my lcd display and i really need help on choosing one. My lcd display is working just fine but the horizontal line is driving me nuts its very very sore in the eye its very grainy and when you read on white and gray or just plain black and white it tends to flick alot giving me headache reading. In terms of gaming its absolutely fine no complain at all but im a student so i read alot of research papers. I need advice what a good lcd display if i could get 120hz display without 3d if possible or just higher pixels

RogJohn, sorry to hear that, you should return the laptop if you can, as changing the LCD won't fix what you are seeing. Several people went through the trouble of changing the LCD, one did it 3 times! - and they all say it didn't help - they can still see the lines. It appears to be the video presented to the screen, not the screen itself.

You can't put a 3D screen in the G750 if it didn't come with one orig, as the 3D screen uses a different motherboard connector, and different driver hardware - non-compatible.

I read thousands of pages a week, and I don't see the problem on my JH, or on my JW/JX when I had them. I haven't had anyone that sees these lines show me or point them out in person, screen shots don't show the problem, and everyone I have shown my screens haven't seen the lines either - so it must be a problem particular to certain people's vision.

Again, sorry you are unhappy, but there is really nothing to suggest you do other than use an external monitor, get another laptop, or perhaps use a separate keyboard / mouse and sit further back from the screen - and resist the urge to put your nose in the screen to see the lines.

If you sit back further, and fixate on the image rather than the elements that make up the image, over time you will not be distracted by the lines.

It was a problem in the days of CRT's too, the shadow mask inside the front of the CRT used to cause people to fixate on the mesh pattern rather than the image displayed. Typically they could either train their focus to get over it, or they had to get another CRT.

It is a matter of training yourself / vision to focus on the image rather than the elements that make up the image. Laptop's make it tougher as you are sitting so close to the screen. If your external monitor is pulled up that close to your eyes you will make out the elements of that screen too.

Let us know how you resolve this for yourself, there are others similarly afflicted and I am sure they would like to know how to get past this themselves.