cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Laptop Sleeves G751

Diamondback
Level 7
Hi guys, I ordered a new G751JY today and needed to grab a sleeve before it arrives. I've been using Neoprene sleeves for years on my family laptops and found them great for when we travel. Does anyone use a Neoprene sleeve, what size do I need because my 18" doesn't fit the 750. Happy to consider any other sleeve recommendations 🙂

I hope the new 751 is as great as everyone makes out, I wasn't that impressed with the 750's build quality if I'm brutally honest but I'm looking forward to my new gaming machine 🙂
3 REPLIES 3

hmscott
Level 12
Diamondback wrote:
Hi guys, I ordered a new G751JY today and needed to grab a sleeve before it arrives. I've been using Neoprene sleeves for years on my family laptops and found them great for when we travel. Does anyone use a Neoprene sleeve, what size do I need because my 18" doesn't fit the 750. Happy to consider any other sleeve recommendations 🙂
I hope the new 751 is as great as everyone makes out, I wasn't that impressed with the 750's build quality if I'm brutally honest but I'm looking forward to my new gaming machine 🙂

Diamondback, what was it about the G750 build quality that you had a problem with? After 3 different G750's, they have all been 100% reliable and well constructed.

The G751's had many complaints initially, but the production issues seem to have been worked out and there are far fewer cosmetic build complaints. 🙂

"A Deviant Hero" found a "sleeve" that fits:

http://rog.asus.com/forum/showthread.php?55550-G751-series-owners-Did-anyone-of-you-get-a-case-for-y...

"I went to Best Buy, Staples, and Office Depot today searching to a sleeve. I found ONE that would fit without being too thick with extra compartments. It is the Swiss Gear 17.3" "the SHERPA" Computer Slimcase."

http://www.staples.com/SwissGear-GA-7501-06F00-Sherpa-Carrying-Case-For-173-Laptops-Blue/product_IM1...

It seems more like a case than a sleeve, but he uses it to protect his G751 inside his Oakley Kitchen Sink backback - a bag in a bag.

Please let us know if you find any others 🙂

Essentially what I need is one of these. I normally travel with the laptop in an Oakley Si bag but always have it in a sleeve for that extra bit of security from zip scuffs etc. Plus if I'm going from house to house I only ever take the laptop in the sleeve.

I just wish this fit the 750...which is why I travel with the XPS

Diamondback
Level 7
Thanks for the links bud.

There are actually a few things I don't like about the 750.

1) I found the Keyboard to be lacking. Keys sit too high, travel is too far, buttons lack feedback, symbols are too small and there is bleeding under the keys if the machine sits on the lap.

2) Not a fan of the sharp edges, think they should be bevelled for abit of comfort rather than style.

3) Lastly the Speakers which is my biggest gripe. Where do I even begin apart from to say the speakers are sh!t. I can't even begin to describe how much I dislike the speakers on the 750. Turning the volume up results in nothing but terrible quality, they lack any type of clarity and the bass omg what I wouldn't give to have some real bass! Side by side compared to any of my other machines this is the lowest quality audio of them all by a long way, it very nearly deterred me from buying another ROG machine purely because of the audio quality.

Don't get me wrong in terms of outright performance the 750 is far superior to other machines, I just hope they have addressed the issues above. The 751 will be arriving tomorrow 🙂