cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Just got my new G750JW DB-71 and i have a few questions....

Tom_Windschitl
Level 7
Hey guys i just got my new G750(just yesterday in fact) and after playing around with it for awhile i have a few questions on some things... First off is kind of an odd one, i noticed i do not have the ROG logo on the right side of my keyboard, nor do my indicator lights have any symbols by them to indicate what they indicate(though i can pretty much guess whats what). I am assuming that i may have just gotten a newer model that changed in appearance slightly? Second is i noticed the hard drive is split up into OS drive C and DATA drive D. Is their anyway to combine the two into one or is there a specific reason they are separate?
I appreciate any help in answering these questions!:D
6 REPLIES 6

hmscott
Level 12
Tom Windschitl wrote:
Hey guys i just got my new G750(just yesterday in fact) and after playing around with it for awhile i have a few questions on some things... First off is kind of an odd one, i noticed i do not have the ROG logo on the right side of my keyboard, nor do my indicator lights have any symbols by them to indicate what they indicate(though i can pretty much guess whats what). I am assuming that i may have just gotten a newer model that changed in appearance slightly? Second is i noticed the hard drive is split up into OS drive C and DATA drive D. Is their anyway to combine the two into one or is there a specific reason they are separate?
I appreciate any help in answering these questions!:D

It sounds like your top plate skipped the silk screening process that lays down the indicator light icons / ROG label. I would send an email to Asus support and ask them what's up. I guess it isn't critical, but it is odd. Not user replaceable either.

Did you get the Intel / Nvidia stickers on the left / right of the keyboard?

You can combine the partitions, as long as there isn't a partition in between - on mine there was a 350MB recovery partition - but I backed up the recovery to a 16GB flash driver using Asus Backtracker and made a disk image backup using Macrium Reflect - so I can recover to the original Asus OEM WIndows installation should I have a disk problem - then I blew away the recovery partition and merged the 2 partitions.

Macrium Reflect
http://www.macrium.com/personal.aspx

Asus Backtracker
http://www.asus.com/supportonly/ASUS_Backtracker/

Here is what the partitions look like after combining (viewed in My Computer => Right click => Manage => Disk Management

Tom_Windschitl
Level 7
Thanks hmscott! I will try what you said for the hard drive.
Also i do have the Nvidia and Intel stickers on the left, but i also noticed something with the indicator lights, the first two lights are also on top of the keyboard where the icons would be...

Tom Windschitl wrote:
Thanks hmscott! I will try what you said for the hard drive.
Also i do have the Nvidia and Intel stickers on the left, but i also noticed something with the indicator lights, the first two lights are also on top of the keyboard where the icons would be...

The 2 top leds are just under the icons on mine... also, what's up with those laser light LED's, right? Waking up and looking directly into their brightness isn't pleasant...

Also, I should mention that when I removed the 350MB partition between the 2 large partitions, I probably disabled recovery capability, so I might as well recover the other 3 recovery partition space, 21GB.

But, I still have free space left, and there is a chance the recovery F9 mode will work, so if I ever need recovery I can try it first before pulling out the Macrium recovery disk images, or the Asus Backtracker flash drive.

Once I fill up the remaining space I will reap the 21GB's 🙂

hmscott wrote:
The 2 top leds are just under the icons on mine... also, what's up with those laser light LED's, right? Waking up and looking directly into their brightness isn't pleasant...

Also, I should mention that when I removed the 350MB partition between the 2 large partitions, I probably disabled recovery capability, so I might as well recover the other 3 recovery partition space, 21GB.

But, I still have free space left, and there is a chance the recovery F9 mode will work, so if I ever need recovery I can try it first before pulling out the Macrium recovery disk images, or the Asus Backtracker flash drive.

Once I fill up the remaining space I will reap the 21GB's 🙂

Haha nice, and yeah they are pretty bright!
But yeah after looking at some more stock pictures i think the first two lights i mentioned are the same as the ones under your icons. I just find it odd that the two stickers are there but the indicator icons and rog label are not... But really i dont mind missing them the indicator icons would be nice though... I did buy it from amazon, but i cant see how that would affect it any. Heres the exact one i purchased btw: http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00COQIKB4/ref=oh_details_o02_s00_i00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Tom Windschitl wrote:
Haha nice, and yeah they are pretty bright!
But yeah after looking at some more stock pictures i think the first two lights i mentioned are the same as the ones under your icons. I just find it odd that the two stickers are there but the indicator icons and rog label are not... But really i dont mind missing them the indicator icons would be nice though... I did buy it from amazon, but i cant see how that would affect it any. Heres the exact one i purchased btw: http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00COQIKB4/ref=oh_details_o02_s00_i00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

The 2nd photo / image in that Amazon listing shows the icons... you should have them. At least Asus remember to include the CPU, GPU, and screen 😉

There was a forum post about someone not wanting the silk screened Assassins Creed logo next to the ROG logo, perhaps you two can get together to swap top plates?

hmscott wrote:
The 2nd photo / image in that Amazon listing shows the icons... you should have them. At least Asus remember to include the CPU, GPU, and screen 😉

There was a forum post about someone not wanting the silk screened Assassins Creed logo next to the ROG logo, perhaps you two can get together to swap top plates?

Haha yeah sure, i just sent an email to asus so we'll wee what they have to say. If its too much of a hassle to get it fixed then i thnk i can live without it 😛