cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is there ANY solution to this G752VY buzzing speaker?

davemon50
Level 11
G752VY is the laptop. The Realtek driver from the support page is version 7831. I have that installed.

I have tried every possible thing for weeks upon weeks and cannot get rid of this stupid buzzing, which is coming from the area of the subwoofer. It is software related, not hardware. I know this for a couple reasons: first whenever it engages I hear a click as if an application is starting when the buzzing starts, and then about 2 seconds after the buzzing stops I hear another click as if turning something off. Second reason is because I uninstalled the Realtek device and software under the Windows Device Manager, and before the Realtek software gets installed again the speakers work fine without this buzzing. But then I lose the driver and Windows automatically updates it again to version 7831.

What can I do about this? I'm about to throw this laptop at the wall. Everything else is great, but this sound loud buzzing is exasperating. I have read every solution on the net for so many others who have this problem and none of those solutions apply or work.

Bottom line, can I go somewhere online and download a different driver? Will it even work with this laptop? This never used to happen, it started about 2 months ago, and probably coincident with some Windows update. Obviously Asus doesn't update the sound drivers to be current with Windows or this would never have started. ANY, and I mean ANY, suggestions before my head explodes?
Davemon50
32 REPLIES 32

jdfrench3
Level 12
Download and install the Version 6.0.1.8443 Realtek driver (178.02 MBytes) on the G703 ASUS download page:

https://www.asus.com/Laptops/ROG-G703/HelpDesk_Download/

I find that this version of Realtek driver is most complete and sounds very good (I have the G752VSK).

This driver will uninstall your existing before installing itself, but requires a couple reboots. Just let the package do its' thing. If it doesn't work for you let me know.
G752VSK, G75VW-3D, G51J, G1S
Homebuilt Windows Server

davemon50
Level 11
Well I installed that version, thanks for the tip. Unfortunately it's still buzzing. It's so random I can't track it down. But I am able to force it to happen every time I hit the TEST button on the speakers under Playback Devices.
Davemon50

Can you verify the driver you have installed?

Control Panel/Device Manager/Sound, Video Audio and Game Controllers/Realtek High Definition Audio/Right Click Properties/Drivers
Homebuilt Windows Server

davemon50
Level 11
8443, yeah I checked that first after it was installed. I have tried reinstalls of the drivers and also just removal of the drivers, and rollbacks too. There seems to be a conflict in one of the installations maybe? How do I completely uninstall all registry entries? Is there a trick to that?
Davemon50

This is going to sound strange but it worked for me. I too had a problem with a Realtek driver corruption. Deleting the driver in Device Manager would not delete it. Installing a new driver on top of the corrupt one would result in sounding like crap.

I deleted the Realtek drivers found here:

Program Files/Realtek/Audio/Drivers
Program Files/Realtek/Audio/HDA

Program Files (x86)/Realtek/Audio/Drivers
Program Files (x86)/Realtek/Audio/InstalShield

Some files can not be deleted, that's OK, delete everything that will in those folders.

Then reinstall the Realtek Version 6.0.1.8443.

This fixed my corrupted audio driver, hope it works for you.

Let me know.
Homebuilt Windows Server

davemon50
Level 11
OK, tried that. The driver works but I still get the buzzing.

Tried something new. Updated to the latest BIOS. No joy.

I updated to Windows 1809. No joy.

I took off the back cover to look. The sound is coming from the subwoofer in the laptop. I know I said up top that it was software related, but maybe the subwoofer is bad and it only shows up when software tries to drive it, which could be why it seems software related. Unfortunately you have to take the laptop apart in order to get to the subwoofer. 😞
Davemon50

Have you tried headphones? Is the noise heard while using headphones (wired or Bluetooth)?
Homebuilt Windows Server

jdfrench3 wrote:
Have you tried headphones? Is the noise heard while using headphones (wired or Bluetooth)?

Using headphones the sound is clear and unbroken. No issues at all.
Davemon50