cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do I install an ssd into my ROG 750jm? I've never done it before.

UberPokerFace
Level 7
I have an Asus ROG G750JM that i want to install an ssd into, but i have no idea how to do it. The laptop currently has a 1TB HDD in it, with an open slot for the ssd. How do I install an SSD for this sort of setup? I really just want the HDD to be for mass storage and the SSD for the boot drive to make it super fast. Can some one please give a detailed process for completing this?
Thanks!
Brad.
5 REPLIES 5

bixtape
Level 7
I have the g551jw and got samsung pro evo 850. How i installed mine was by unscrewing the 4 bolts at the bottom and theres a tiny spot for the SSD sata 3. Check youtube for guides and remmember sata 3 is for ur slot sata 2.5 is for HDD replacement in ur case u want the sata 3 mate! GL

Clintlgm
Level 14
Yes, on the G750 unless you have the dual Raid main drive, If not then the operations is not different than installing any other 2.5" hard drive. As I remember it both slots are SATA 3 6GB so it shouldn't matter which bay you put it. I would use the supplied data transfer software supplies by Samsung if your going to install a Samsung 850 Pro or Evo. Macrium Reflect has a free Clone/Image program you can use, there are several videos on youtube as to step by step.
G752VY-DH72 Win 10 Pro
512 GB M.2 Samsung 960 Pro
1 TB Samsung 850 pro 2.5 format
980m GTX 4 GB
32GB DDR 4 Standard RAM

Z97 PRO WiFi I7 4790K
Windows 10 Pro
Z97 -A
Windows 10 Pro

To physically change drives check out your manual. If you don't have one you can download it from Asus Support Downloads If for some reason you don't want to Clone over, See https://rog.asus.com/forum/showthread.php?76993-Guide-How-to-install-windows-8-8-1-10-The-proper-way... If your unable to follow these Guides you probably should take it to a shop and have them do it for you. Not everyone is cut out for hardware changes and OS changes. And Doing it wrong can cause you all kinds of grief!
G752VY-DH72 Win 10 Pro
512 GB M.2 Samsung 960 Pro
1 TB Samsung 850 pro 2.5 format
980m GTX 4 GB
32GB DDR 4 Standard RAM

Z97 PRO WiFi I7 4790K
Windows 10 Pro
Z97 -A
Windows 10 Pro

cdma2k
Level 7
the SSD for the boot drive to make it super fast?
from ~25 seconds to ~9 seconds for windows 10? I won't call it super fast, ha!

Hitchy
Level 7
UberPokerFace wrote:
I have an Asus ROG G750JM that i want to install an ssd into, but i have no idea how to do it. The laptop currently has a 1TB HDD in it, with an open slot for the ssd. How do I install an SSD for this sort of setup? I really just want the HDD to be for mass storage and the SSD for the boot drive to make it super fast. Can some one please give a detailed process for completing this?
Thanks!
Brad.

Hello man,

I ve done exactely the same thing as u want last month. It happens that I just wrote a detailed tutorial about how I ve done it lucky you 🙂 CLICK HERE and have fun (my tutorial is in the last post of the thread)!

Don't hesitate to contact me if you need more info!

Keep us updated!