cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Help me choose a g750, please

JRRNeiklot
Level 7
So, my laptop died, and I'm in need of a replacement. I'm looking at several 750 models, but I'm unsure what I really need. I'll use it for movies, general internet use, and gaming. I mostly play MMOs, specifically WoW, SWTOR, and dabble in pretty much every mmo that gets released. Other than that I play a bunch of old rpgs and strategy games. Which 750 would you guys recommend?

I've found a used JX for $900 and a refurb JZ (90 day warranty) for $1400. I don't mind spending the extra, but would rather not if I'm not gonna need it.

Thanks.
6 REPLIES 6

toronto699
Level 13
first u do not want one that has Optimus.
https://rog.asus.com/forum/showthread.php?77222-G750-or-G751
and I would never buy a refurbished unit why not wait a few weeks and buy a G752

I'm trying to get out as cheap as possible. I'm looking at refurbs and used. I have never had a problem buying refurbished. My last laptop lasted 12 years and it was a refurb.

Alternately, I'm looking at a G73sw that I can get for $600ish. Think that would serve my purposes?

Thanks.

toronto699
Level 13
as the G752 is being released soon G751 750 are dropping in prices on most reliable web sellers, like amazon, tigerdirect , ect but most of all buy what u can afford but without Optimus , I don't know much about the G73 check the thread . some in the G751/750 threads say they will upgrade to a G752 , although its against the rules of the forum to buy and sell , maybe a subtle suggestion may find u a deal here

Darnassus
Status Under Review
Isn't Optimus good on the G751 series? Better design?

Also if you're looking for a good G750 model, I recommend the G750JX. The 770m is a sweet spot for WoW and everything else. You can run WoW on full ultra to 40+ fps

toronto699
Level 13
No Optimus on G751
Uses Only Nvidia GPU
Better For Editing
Gaming
Optimus Useless Technology
Darna must be afternoon in Australia

Darnassus
Status Under Review
toronto699 wrote:
No Optimus on G751
Uses Only Nvidia GPU
Better For Editing
Gaming
Optimus Useless Technology
Darna must be afternoon in Australia

;d yes. And yeah okay, I must've forgot. I just remember there was a version with better Optimus with power scale options. Oh well.