cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

GL752VW Windows Installation Problem

mapobo
Level 7

Hello everybody,

I have some problems with my GL752VW laptop.

I have found some information about this model and its m.2 ssd port. When I bought it I had a ssd installed (Crucial M600 SATA). In the last few months I have had too many problems with the ssd drive.

The original ssd died and before replacing it I asked asus support about nmve compatibility in my laptop. They told me the same as in the manual: "Your model is compatible with both technologies". They recommended two samsumg nvme ssd but I couldn't find them on the internet to buy in my country and I bought a kingston nmve.

The bios did not recognise it and I changed to another sata.

At that moment the party was coming.

I can't install any windows on my laptop. The installation wizard has problems while creating the partition. Diskpart CMD also has problems. Sometimes I can create the partition and select it, but the process of copying files does not complete, it stays at 0% all day. I've tried installing RAID drivers, CMOS data wiping (disconnecting the internal battery and the other battery, changing all settings in the BIOS).

But the strangest thing is that linux installs and works perfectly.

I have the last BIOS version 300 and my laptop is GL752VW-T4322D

Any ideas? cloud to help me?

Regards.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

mapobo
Level 7

Hey everybody,

Last nigth I solved this problems thank to official support asus. They provided me this driver https://dlcdnets.asus.com/pub/ASUS/nb/DriversForWin10/IRST/IRST_Intel_Skylake_Win10_64_VER14601029.z... and the windows installantion completed perfectly.

I think this driver should be more accesible. Also, this problem was real stranger,  I thought that windows 11 should include the driver but I don´t know if the real problem is my ssd model in common with driver.

Thanks.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1

mapobo
Level 7

Hey everybody,

Last nigth I solved this problems thank to official support asus. They provided me this driver https://dlcdnets.asus.com/pub/ASUS/nb/DriversForWin10/IRST/IRST_Intel_Skylake_Win10_64_VER14601029.z... and the windows installantion completed perfectly.

I think this driver should be more accesible. Also, this problem was real stranger,  I thought that windows 11 should include the driver but I don´t know if the real problem is my ssd model in common with driver.

Thanks.