cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

G75VX Screen Brightness Issue

sammyboyd999
Level 7
The issue I'm having right now has to do with changing screen brightness. When I go to Settings>System in Windows, the screen brightness slider is greyed out and I can't use it. The same thing with the brightness option in the notification/action center. I can still use the keyboard function keys (FN+F5/F6 for me) and it changes the brightness just fine, so what could cause the slider to be greyed out like that?

I just did a clean install of Windows 10 this morning, and it was working after that. The only thing I did after the clean install is install all necessary drivers from the Asus support site for the G75VX, all drivers that I had before.

Lately, I've been having issues with the laptop but they seem to be fixed as of now, with the only problem bugging me being the greyed out brightness slider. Btw, it was greyed out before the Windows clean install as well, but I thought it was related to my previous issues, which dealt with the laptop not booting unless hooked to TV through HDMI and BIOS screen not showing while booting, but I fixed those issues (BIOS screen still doesn't show, but oh well) so IDK if this is connected to those issues or not...but again, it was working properly after the clean install. Just noticed it's not working again.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.
0 REPLIES 0