cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

G75VX primary hard disk low rating?

RocketD0G
Level 7
Hello,

I've got to ask if I did something wrong when I installed my G75VX.
I know not to trust Windows Experience Index. But it's a good mark of thumb hands down.

I got the G75VX without 3D vision but with the Hybrid Drive. And the Performance information gives me a 5.9 rating from 1.0 to 9.9. My old stationary computer gives a better result with a 6 year old sata drive.

So I'm asking you, since there is the 8GB SSD disk that acts as a cache of some sort. And that should speed it up by lots. But how can i check that it's actually doing that ?

-RocketD0G!
5 REPLIES 5

Tomislav
Level 11
download hwinfo 64 there you can see all of your hardware,check the specs and see if everything is according to the stuff you bought.
ASUS G75VX
Win 8, i7-3630QM, 2,4 GHz, GeForce GTX 670MX, 8 GB Ram,120 Gb Samsung 840 SSD+750 Gb HDD

Thanks for the answer mate, Looks like I'll make a support ticket for this one.

-RocketD0G!

Clintlgm
Level 14
I think that with SSD primary drive most of us are only getting 7.4 more or less 5.9 sounds pretty good for a hard drive. The graphics is the lowest rating in WEI. Maybe you should run HD Tune to see if your having a problem with your Hard drive. Or most benchmark programs will show you whats going on. I use Performance Test and then compare with other systems with the same hardware.
G752VY-DH72 Win 10 Pro
512 GB M.2 Samsung 960 Pro
1 TB Samsung 850 pro 2.5 format
980m GTX 4 GB
32GB DDR 4 Standard RAM

Z97 PRO WiFi I7 4790K
Windows 10 Pro
Z97 -A
Windows 10 Pro

xeromist
The type of activity generated by benchmarks often doesn't make use of the cache. You are seeing the performance rating of the spinning disk without the cache.
A bus station is where a bus stops. A train station is where a train stops. On my desk, I have a work station…

Tomislav
Level 11
so according to xeromist, everything works. my score is also 5.9 (but I have the normal hdd 7200 ). don't worry about the win exp. index. it's not so important. On my other laptop I have optimus technology and I couldn't get win index to show my normal graphic card.
ASUS G75VX
Win 8, i7-3630QM, 2,4 GHz, GeForce GTX 670MX, 8 GB Ram,120 Gb Samsung 840 SSD+750 Gb HDD