cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

G75v

Robs9021
Level 7
Hello. My G75V suddenly shuts off with no warning. I acquired it last November. Last time I was playing Age of Empires III, but in the previous occasion I was just doing homework. My old Toshiba used to have a similar problem, but it was due to overheating while gaming, and it stopped after cleaning it. In this case I don't think that's the problem because it doesn't gets too hot.

I've read other threads, but in other cases people's laptops would reboot after the crash, and that's not happening to me, so I started a new one.

Help would be very appreciated.
3 REPLIES 3

rewben
Level 13
can you please check the cpu/gpu temperatures using hwinfo64 by opening up the sensor page? (you can open up the sensor page, then play your game).

i think it's likely the case of overheating, if you haven't done much to cleaning up the vents and fans.

Pitcher1
Level 9
what is your VGA driver version? is it download from asus support site or NVIDIA website?

Matrix_Leader
Level 10
I recommend you only stick to ASUS official drivers for your specific laptop model and not get the latest drivers from nVIDIA or Intel
ASUS G75VW-T1086V
CPU: i7-3610QM 2.30 GHz.
Memory: 16 GB DDR3 1600 Mhz. RAM
Storage: 256 GB LiteOn LAT-256M3S SSD + 1 TB Seagate Momentus 5400 RPM HDD
Graphics: GeForce GTX 670M 3 GB GDDR5 RAM
Screen: 17.3' Full HD LED Screen