cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

G752VY worst audio ever from speakers? Sonic Studio II bugs

hexaae
Level 12
OMG, I spent hours in configuring G751JY for a decent audio output from speakers, with good results in the end (the trick was to not touch anything and just enable MAXX Audio: MAXX Volume + MAXX Leveler, Action profile set with the classic rock-like V sliders)... but this G752VY has horrible audio coming from speakers... No bass (subwoofer is working?), from "inside a tube" constant effect, no dynamic ranges at all... Sounds like 15 years ago laptop speakers!
Sonic Studio II is almost useless with no relevant effect.

Someone has found a solution to (vastly) improve speakers output? At least on par with G751JY + MAXX Audio... 😞
--
ASUS ROG Strix GL703GS, GTX 1070 8GB, 32GB RAM, 1920x1080 144Hz G-Sync laptop screen, external monitor UWQHD 3440x1440 Mi Monitor, NVMe 4x, 8BitDo Arcade Stick, EasySMX X10 controller, ROG Strix Carry mouse
54 REPLIES 54

ROG_HARDCORE
Level 7
to increase bass, right click on audio icon from taskbar, click playback device, double click speaker, click level.
You will see by default sub woofer is 50%, increase it 10 100%.

enjoy.

hexaae
Level 12
There's nothing else we can do? Very poor audio quality from speakers... even worse than G751JY that had MAXX Audio at least...
Sonic Studio 2 Equalizer is fake (i.e. has actually no impact on sound even if you move the sliders to 0 or max...). It's the worst speaker sound I've ever heard from a laptop. Even Samsung 200$ cheap laptops have better custom drivers for a higher quality sound...
--
ASUS ROG Strix GL703GS, GTX 1070 8GB, 32GB RAM, 1920x1080 144Hz G-Sync laptop screen, external monitor UWQHD 3440x1440 Mi Monitor, NVMe 4x, 8BitDo Arcade Stick, EasySMX X10 controller, ROG Strix Carry mouse

ROG_HARDCORE
Level 7
Wait, you mean you can't get sonic studio to work?
Alright, here's the solutions. If you use audio or video player, make sure audio render set to DirectSound - Realtek.

If you want to Test, use google chrome, open youtube music. If still no effect, Install latest audio drivers Version V6.0.1.7687.
During install, make sure offline the device to avoid windows 10 automatic driver install and update. after 2nd reboot, you should now solved the problem.

Sonic Studio work great tuning audio, and turn your G752 become boom BOX. BUT The Realtek IC will get HOT, 80'C+-, which is a BUG for now, to workaround,
connect a external speaker or headphones with 3.5mm jack. It will cools down.
The problem suspected Hardware design problem or internal speaker /woofer load causes high impedance for audio amplifications to work, Thus, when using internal speaker ?woofer, the IC Get real HOT.
Maybe asus can solve this through drivers or bios updates? who knows right?

hexaae
Level 12
Of course I've already updated everything but the audio still really sucks!
And yes I confirm that the only thing "working" (= you can actually hear the difference) is the button ON at bottom to activate Sonic Audio, everything else: Reverb, EQ, Bass amp,voice clarity etc. have no audible effect at all... and sounds too bad.
There are games with a great soundtrack like Lords of the Fallen main theme in the main menu where you can't even hear the chorus!!
On a 1/10 range vote this is a 2/10 while G751JY + MAXX Audio was at least a 6/10 IMHO. For a GOOD sound try hear an MSI with Dynaudio (I have also an old GX660 with Realtek chipset)

My exact model is G752VY-T7004T
Realtek 6.0.1.7687: HDAUDIO\FUNC_01&VEN_10EC&DEV_0668&SUBSYS_10431CED&REV_1000

E.g.
There is absolutely NO DIFFERENCE in changing EQ like this, with e.g. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EuOUsxR7NWs

Can you please test this example?

Sonic Studio II sliders/options have an audible effect only playing the test sound (Audio Player, "Lettore audio" in the pics) you can see in the bottom left. It's not used system wide or in-game. I think it's a serious bug, that's why sound is so dull... On/off makes a difference though, but the others features are ignored outside of this panel.
--

JustinThyme
Level 13
Yes, I have improved my audio output tremendously!

Not a laptop made the satisfies my need for decent sound. The soundlink III is only marginally acceptable.

“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity, I'm not sure about the former” ~ Albert Einstein

hexaae
Level 12
Eh eh eh...
Seriously... this Sonic Studio is flawed and the audio quality of speakers is so poor.
Have no idea why Sonic Studio settings don't apply to the whole system/games too... bah...
All I did after first boot was updating Realtek drivers with last package from official:
https://www.asus.com/ROG-Republic-Of-Gamers/ROG-G752VY/HelpDesk_Download/

Can't be downloaded to try a simple reinstall... Looks like 'Asus Sonic Suite Plugins' is part of pre-installed crapware only.
--

Hi !

I have a new G752VL in canada and i have the same problem with the audio..
very low power and subwoofer noise and vibration...

My asus N56VZ sound very louder and really stronger ..

At 35-40% on my N56vz is stronger than the G752 100% ..

same here

https://rog.asus.com/forum/showthread.php?78785-Asus-G752-low-audio-volume-issue

hexaae
Level 12
Would a F9 "Reset PC" restore factory defaults including ASUS software and Sonic Studio?
--

hexaae wrote:
Would a F9 "Reset PC" restore factory defaults including ASUS software and Sonic Studio?

if you got your G751JY with win8, and you work now with win10 - then forget about that "reset", it would only wipe any app or driver you've install and will leave you with blank-clean windows 10.
about your G752.... just uninstall the audio driver, reboot, install it again, reboot then you should have the default config. ( if not a registry wipe of any "Sonic Studio" remnants is advisable )
Asus G751JT
Samsung EVO 850 120GB + 1TB HDD 7200RPM
Cleaned installed Win 10 HOME
My Guides:

• [POST=538713]ROG LAPTOPS: COMPLETE DRIVER LIST ![/POST]
  • [POST=538713]How to install windows 8/8.1/10 on any UEFI supported laptop the PROPER way[/POST]
  • [POST=538711]HOW TO (EASILY!) UPGRADE FROM WIN7 SP1/8.1 WITHOUT GOING THROUGH THE UPGRADE PROCESS ITSELF ![/POST]
  • [POST=605307]HOW TO REMAP FN+KEY AND SPECIAL BUTTONS: "STEAM", "ROG" & "SHADOWPLAY"[/POST]
  • [POST=539663]Win 10 x64: SETUP USB @SUPERSPEED, NO HANG-UPS! | ACCELERATES USB 3.0/2.0 TRANSFER RATE SPEED TWICE![/POST]