cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

G752VY-DH72 USB 3.0 Issues with Docking Station

KenGeo
Level 7
I've noticed some threads on the G751 having these issues, but we have 4 G751 and they do not have this same problem, although, i tend to think that they are related.

This occurs on all 4 G752VY-DH72 that I have on my desk currently.
Using the left Rear USB port, with any usb 3.0 docking station the monitors flicker and go out. One machine the flickers are random and rare, another machine we can reproduce it since it does it constantly.

However if its used in the left front USB port, the issues do not exist at all. Originally I contacted Pluggable, and together we overruled everything except the laptop hardware. It also occurs on Dell branded docking stations.

As a side note, using a usb 2.0 cable resolves the issues on any port. Which isnt acceptable considering the reason we all buy these machines.

It seems that ASUS is still yet to fix this issue. Support suggest I send them all back for replacements.
7 REPLIES 7

Clintlgm
Level 14
Well actually the issue before the G752 was both left side USB 3.0 ports, seems now only to effect the rear most left port so you have 3 good USB 3.0 ports?
Yes the issue is only for USB 3.0, and you are the 2nd person in 2 days to post on this.
G752VY-DH72 Win 10 Pro
512 GB M.2 Samsung 960 Pro
1 TB Samsung 850 pro 2.5 format
980m GTX 4 GB
32GB DDR 4 Standard RAM

Z97 PRO WiFi I7 4790K
Windows 10 Pro
Z97 -A
Windows 10 Pro

nab
Level 11
Could be defect S3 (Suspend-to-ram) that cause the issue, their was also lot of weird Haswell Chipset issue with USB 3.0, even Broadwell/Skylake, not sure if Intel completely fixed the problem.
Something else you can try, uncheck allow the computer to turn off this device to save power (search/run devmgmt or simple device manager, go to your usb hub/xhci/3.0, click right, properties, power management)
Do you have anything connected to other port ? their is also a virtual address conflict while using many usb materials (Chipset Intel issue)
Copy past this into blocknote and save as a .reg and double click
Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00
[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\USB]
“DisableSelectiveSuspend”=dword:00000001

Julskey
Level 10
I have intermttent disconnection on left side usb ports of my g752vt when using WD Passport usb 3.0 hdd. Other usb3.0 hdd are ok.

JustinThyme
Level 13
I'm fairly certain there is an issue with the USB 3.0 daughter boards located on the left side of these machines and has a ribbon cable connection to the mother board. Never issue with the right ports that are all soldered directly to the mother board or the drivers. That board is the only thing that separates the right from the left.

“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity, I'm not sure about the former” ~ Albert Einstein

So then the issue continues on with the G752's ? 😞
G752VY-DH72 Win 10 Pro
512 GB M.2 Samsung 960 Pro
1 TB Samsung 850 pro 2.5 format
980m GTX 4 GB
32GB DDR 4 Standard RAM

Z97 PRO WiFi I7 4790K
Windows 10 Pro
Z97 -A
Windows 10 Pro

Clintlgm wrote:
So then the issue continues on with the G752's ? 😞

I haven't personally had problems but it looks like there is some issue with this seeing how Ken is sitting on 4 that disconnect on the left rear. Maybe the changed vendors and got one of the ports right right? There is only one ribbon from the daughter board to the header on the MOBO. One would think that if one works the other should but that obviously not the case. it does seem limited though. if he is reporting one that it happens on 1 repetitively and 3 that do it rarely. Then throw in the USB 2 behavior and you have another can of worms.

Like I said I haven't had issues but I haven't used Dell USB docking stations either, only USB 3.0 external drives. Im waiting for a particular thunderbolt 3 dock to be released next month as Ive alaways found USB docks to be insufficient in terms of a dock that handles multiple functions. Just not enough bandwidth.

“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity, I'm not sure about the former” ~ Albert Einstein

JustinThyme wrote:
....................., only USB 3.0 external drives. Im waiting for a particular thunderbolt 3 dock to be released next month as Ive alaways found USB docks to be insufficient in terms of a dock that handles multiple functions. Just not enough bandwidth.

Hello JustinThyme,

Could you be so kind to elaborate more on which kind of Thunderbolt 3 dock you talk about? I'm curious and interested.

Thanks in advance.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]