cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

G752VSK - Has Thunderbolt 3.1 But Cannot Display Video!

Dalski
Level 8
Hello friends, have had nothing but problems with this brand new "high-end" machine (poor performing high priced would be more accurate).

Tried Already:

• Installing Thunderbolt BUS Drivers;
  • Checked for Updates With SlimDrivers;

I've bought 2 USB-C DVI Display Adapters, after speaking with Startech for some time they've advised that Thunderbolt drivers have not been installed. The computer has Thunderbolt USB-C but is not configured on the machine "a botched configuration", I agree with Startech completely and given the amount of problems and the amount of my time which has been wasted I rank Asus' Technicians as low as ratings go.

I was advised by Asus' Support Dept to install the Thunderbolt drivers from Intel; they were unwillingly to guide me over the phone but emailed me an installation guide; which was a hyperlinked article from a general site; which did not list the actual drivers at all was a generic guide on how to unzip and install a file really.
I requested the exact Drivers to be installed but received no response.

With very little help from Asus I installed the most recent first, testing as I went and have not had no luck. Loading the Thunderbolt Desktop App I get no 'Attached Devices Chains' listed when plugging in the display adapter.

The laptop is sold as having USB-C 3.1 Thunderbolt.
I called Asus again but after 20 mins they disconnected me in the call queue lol. This forum is my best shot to get anything faulty working, as many reviews show Asus are incompetent in the the Technical Support Dept.
3 REPLIES 3

Dalski
Level 8
Sorry was on a bit of a rant; "high-end" machine (poor performing high priced would be more accurate"; not entirely accurate, the machine may not be that bad, it's just the deployment has been poor from Asus and the appalling Customer Services has bittered the aftertaste.

Overall I'm happy with the performance of the machine and it's exceptional value for money.

Dalski
Level 8
Has anyone managed to get their Thunderbolt display port to work? I've tried so many things:
- Updated BIOS (ver 304) states it has Thunderbolt & I've tried all 3 options (Secure Connect, Display Port Only, User Authorization);
- Updating Thunderbolt Bus Drivers;
- Tried all sorts of settings on the Graphics Drivers;

I absolutely cannot get this Display Adapter to work. It'd be nice to hear if someone has managed to run an external display on a Thunderbolt USB-C connection on the G752VSK?

Dalski wrote:
Has anyone managed to get their Thunderbolt display port to work? I've tried so many things:
- Updated BIOS (ver 304) states it has Thunderbolt & I've tried all 3 options (Secure Connect, Display Port Only, User Authorization);
- Updating Thunderbolt Bus Drivers;
- Tried all sorts of settings on the Graphics Drivers;

I absolutely cannot get this Display Adapter to work. It'd be nice to hear if someone has managed to run an external display on a Thunderbolt USB-C connection on the G752VSK?

its the weekend, maybe later on in the week someone will have some advice.
G752VY-DH72 Win 10 Pro
512 GB M.2 Samsung 960 Pro
1 TB Samsung 850 pro 2.5 format
980m GTX 4 GB
32GB DDR 4 Standard RAM

Z97 PRO WiFi I7 4790K
Windows 10 Pro
Z97 -A
Windows 10 Pro