cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

G751JL, NEED a FULL "Backtracker" Recovery from STOCK G751JL Software...Read WHY

DaddyTJ2016
Level 7
Ok so my situation was this.

Best Buy sold me this laptop brand new. Gave me an incredible deal, a CLEARANCE price of $900 for it.

When Best Buy sold me this laptop, they told me it was brand new. As much as it looked it, apparently someone had bought it and then immediately returned it. So apparently from what I understand and had to DEMAND them to tell me the truth.

Their Geek Squad wiped the system and put a BLANK Windows 10 on it, No default drivers, no ASUS Software, No Sonic Studio Suite, No Asus Overclocking software that's supposed to come with it, no Intel MEI drivers, no Chipset drivers, no NOTHING.

ASUS Told me sorry there's nothing we can do unless you send it off to us to do a REPAIR ticket, which I don't think is seriously fair.

Here's what I'm asking for to fix and resolve my situation fully.

Someone with a J751 model, Preferrably the J751JL, who has a COMPLETE Stock out of the box brand new, OR who already currently has a Backtracker recovery of the complete STOCK J751JL image that I can have that you could upload somewhere for me. I don't need the Windows key as it's embedded into the BIOS on these systems now, it'll self activate for me.

Is there ANYONE whom can help me out with this? PLEASE? I'm missing out on a lot of the great stuff that ASUS has to offer

And PLEASE, if you're going to tell me that I don't WANT any of the "bloatware" that ASUS has to offer, you're actually wrong. I DO want the COMPLETE stock image of the J751JL 8 or 8.1 or 10 as long as it's complete stock "out of the box" backtracker image and then I'll modify it as I see fit. It MUST have all ASUS inclusive software just like it comes out of the box, once again.

Thank you guys if anyone can help, it would be a MAJOR appreciation from me. Thanks a lot!

TJ
5 REPLIES 5

Clintlgm
Level 14
Asus Support Downloads you can get most everything Asus put on it there. once you get everything set up the way you want well actually right now before much of anything else create a disk Image using Macrium Reflect or your choice of imaging software and then again once your set up they way you want it. Then you can recover any of the images you create if just a few minutes with 100% reliability. Good Luck and let us know how it all works out for you.
G752VY-DH72 Win 10 Pro
512 GB M.2 Samsung 960 Pro
1 TB Samsung 850 pro 2.5 format
980m GTX 4 GB
32GB DDR 4 Standard RAM

Z97 PRO WiFi I7 4790K
Windows 10 Pro
Z97 -A
Windows 10 Pro

Do you honestly work for ASUS? Because that's a load of BS to be quite blunt.

You can get DRIVERS from their site, you can get the "GameFirst III" and the "Gaming Center" and "Splendid Video" and ASUS "LiveUpdate" Utility. That's ALL you can get, My poor friend, Clint.

You can't get the ASUS Overclocking software, Sonic Audio Studio suite, or ANY other of the software that comes on the device upon taking it out of the box for the first time. So PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE Before you give an extremely generic...generalized answer to someone, please realize that the person may not be as retarded as the common consumer.

Again, I'm going to ask...Can anyone get me a complete "Backtracker" Recovery image from their COMPLETE STOCK taken out of box ROG G751JL.

I assume someone has made a complete stock recovery image with ASUS Backtracker before they started installing stuff on their system?

PLEASE?

DaddyTJ2016 wrote:
Do you honestly work for ASUS? Because that's a load of BS to be quite blunt.

You can get DRIVERS from their site, you can get the "GameFirst III" and the "Gaming Center" and "Splendid Video" and ASUS "LiveUpdate" Utility. That's ALL you can get, My poor friend, Clint.

You can't get the ASUS Overclocking software, Sonic Audio Studio suite, or ANY other of the software that comes on the device upon taking it out of the box for the first time. So PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE Before you give an extremely generic...generalized answer to someone, please realize that the person may not be as retarded as the common consumer.

Again, I'm going to ask...Can anyone get me a complete "Backtracker" Recovery image from their COMPLETE STOCK taken out of box ROG G751JL.

I assume someone has made a complete stock recovery image with ASUS Backtracker before they started installing stuff on their system?

PLEASE?

Clint said the truth.All the drivers and software are on the support page. Don't initiate a comment with insults. Because the only ****ed up idiot here is you that don't understand nothing about software. Do you really think that ASUS would put any piece of software or tweaks in the laptop that can't be restored?? This laptop started in windows 8.1...do you think the initial configuration worked with windows 10? Jesus christ...download all the dirvers and software in the support page and move with your life...
Sonic Audio Suite in G751?? Are kidding me?? That is for G752 genius. Overclocking software?? Are you talking about ASUS GPU Tweak? If so, the program is on the support page but no one uses it...MSI AFTERBURNER always for the win.

"ANY other of the software that comes on the device upon taking it out of the box for the first time" ----> PRICELESS!

Clintlgm
Level 14
Actually no, none of us work for Asus. These forum are user to user helping each other out, even most of the Moderators are not Asus Employees. cl-albert is an Asus employee you can PM him but don't expect much approaching with a attitude. You paid for a Refurb or display model and got it for a good price. You'll have to use a little effort to get it tuned up the way you want it. Were here to help you out anyway we can. a full Backtracker Image is about 16 GB not many of us have access to a place to upload that big of a file.
G752VY-DH72 Win 10 Pro
512 GB M.2 Samsung 960 Pro
1 TB Samsung 850 pro 2.5 format
980m GTX 4 GB
32GB DDR 4 Standard RAM

Z97 PRO WiFi I7 4790K
Windows 10 Pro
Z97 -A
Windows 10 Pro

Clintlgm wrote:
Actually no, none of us work for Asus. These forum are user to user helping each other out, even most of the Moderators are not Asus Employees. cl-albert is an Asus employee you can PM him but don't expect much approaching with a attitude. You paid for a Refurb or display model and got it for a good price. You'll have to use a little effort to get it tuned up the way you want it. Were here to help you out anyway we can. a full Backtracker Image is about 16 GB not many of us have access to a place to upload that big of a file.

True. And also with a bit of patience he can download everything nice and easy.
He came here like it is the end of the world...
And also he came here with bad info like the sonic suite that is not available in g751.
Relax, download an install everything. It is not difficult.
If you want to know my experience I got the g751jy and immediately format. And then tweaked the pc...not difficult man.