cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

G750JZ Goes asleep while using or in the middle of doing something

Homie22
Level 7
Hello,

This just started happening a few days ago....

I'll be in the middle of doing something and my laptop turns off or goes to sleep.... I hit the power button and it comes back up immediately
where it left off and the live television i may be watching or youtube video is still playing. The highest temp my cpu has gotten is 62 c so it isnt overheating

I wonder if it really is shuting off and not going to sleep? Because i saw fast turn on is enabled, which i never knew i had till recently..

can someone tell me whats going on??? It's not the GPU cause optimus is enabled.
2 REPLIES 2

cl-Albert
US Customer Loyalty Agent
Not sure if this really makes sense, but have you checked the setting for your display to turn off which is different from the standby setting?

If you right-click your battery icon to check your power settings, you should be able to see what is going on there.

GottiBoi55
Level 10
Homie22 wrote:
Hello,

This just started happening a few days ago....

I'll be in the middle of doing something and my laptop turns off or goes to sleep.... I hit the power button and it comes back up immediately
where it left off and the live television i may be watching or youtube video is still playing. The highest temp my cpu has gotten is 62 c so it isnt overheating

I wonder if it really is shuting off and not going to sleep? Because i saw fast turn on is enabled, which i never knew i had till recently..

can someone tell me whats going on??? It's not the GPU cause optimus is enabled.

Hi Homie22,
Sounds like your display is just timing out, and turning off the display.
Check your power plan setting, I think my JZ was set to "Balanced Recommended" by default.
This power plan allows the display to time out (turn off the display) if you are running on battery power.
Change your power plan to "P4G High Performance", this power plan prevents this time out from happening.

Hope this helps you my friend?
Good luck, and good gaming:D
GottiBoi55
Asus
G750JZ-DS71 Windows 10 Pro (x64)
Intel® Core™ i7 4700HQ (2.40GHz)
Samsung
24GB Memory DDR3 1600 MHz SDRAM
SanDisk
M.2 SSD 2x128GB in Raid 0 / WD-HGST-1TB HDD 7500-RPM
NVIDIA® GeForce® GTX 880M 4 GB GDDR5 VRAM
Second Monitor: Shar