cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

G750JX need help!!!

kingfish
Level 7
I updated my Graphic Tweak this morning, and my nvidia driver, all to the recent update available.

After that i notice that when i on the laptop, the first one hangs up, not even showing the ROG logo, just the keyboard light is on and nothing. So i have to turn off using long press on the power button. After that when i turn on again it will be back to normal, showing the logo then proceed.

Any idea why my machine is performing like this?

thanks for your help. 🙂
G751JT | 24GB | 2 x 1TB HDD | Nvidia GTX 970M | Windows XP
3 REPLIES 3

Dream
Level 7
Not sure I'm following ... your English is a bit hard to understand.

It sounds like every other time you start the laptop it gets suck on a black screen?

And what is a "graphic tweak"? And do you have any restore points available? Sounds like an easy fix if you do.
ASUS G750JX-TB71

• CPU: i7-4700HQ @ 2.40 GHz.
  • Graphics: GeForce GTX 770M 3 GB GDDR5 RAM
  • Screen: 17.3' Full HD Matte Screen @ 100Hz
  • Memory: 16GB DDR3 1600 MHz. RAM 2x8
  • Storage: 500GB SSD 850 EVO + 750GB HDD @ 7200rpm
  • TC: IC Diamond Thermal Compound - CPU + GPU

Dream wrote:
Not sure I'm following ... your English is a bit hard to understand.

It sounds like every other time you start the laptop it gets suck on a black screen?

And what is a "graphic tweak"? And do you have any restore points available? Sounds like an easy fix if you do.

Sorry for my bad english.. you got the point. it stuck every time i turn on, i only get a light on the keyboard and a blank screen. the send time i turn it on, it will continue... dont if it is a driver issue but i notice this one after i install the Asus GPU tweak 2.4.3.1...
G751JT | 24GB | 2 x 1TB HDD | Nvidia GTX 970M | Windows XP

kingfish wrote:
Sorry for my bad english.. you got the point. it stuck every time i turn on, i only get a light on the keyboard and a blank screen. the send time i turn it on, it will continue... dont if it is a driver issue but i notice this one after i install the Asus GPU tweak 2.4.3.1...

Hey Kingfish, it sounds like whatever settings you are trying on Asus GPU Tweak tool are outside the range of workable settings., and you made the mistake of turning on "set a boot time" - so it keeps setting unworkable settings. 😞

I did this once. There are a couple of ways around it.

1. Boot into Safemode, and uninstall Asus GPU tweak tool - easiest. A little tougher is to find the startup entry for Asus GPU Tweak tool while in Safe Mode and disable it. Similar, but even more sleuthing required - find the Asus GPU Tweak tool config file for your user and delete it to go back to default settings.

2. Boot into Windows normally, and be very patient and wait for the Nvidia driver to die and recover - probably takes 2-3 minutes at worst. Then bring up the Asus Tweak Tool and click Default - and save thost default settings to all the saved settings slots 1/2/3/4/5. Then go into the Asus Tweak Tool settings and un check the set a boot time setting - at least until you find the values that work reliably - then turn back on the set at boot time option.