cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

G75 thunderbolt Clarification (still neeeded)

Fallin2Rhythm
Level 7
I am still trying to find out when the thunderbolt port will come out on the Asus G75 laptops. I posted something today G55 Thunderbolt Clarification thread http://rog.asus.com/forum/showthread.php?17015-G55-Thunderbolt-clarification/page8 about the G75 having the port and on that page it shows when the G55s with thunderbolt ports are coming out.
I have another question kind off topic for the G75... I was wondering if having a thunderbolt port is just as rare on the g75s as the g55s?.. I've also taken buying the G75 into consideration. (Gentechpc.com also has the G75 for pre-order as a DH71[sounds iffy] model and it is also advertised as having thunderbolt. The only difference on this website[compared to the g55] is when you go into the customize options it does not show the thunderbolt as a selected or selectable option [there is just no indication of it being there].)
I will call them again to see if they meant to do it but in the meantime I hope you can answer my question.

Thanks!

I just contacted Gentechpc.com about the g75 with windows 8 pre-order and they said that it will not come with thunderbolt port and they will change the advertisement banner that says it will. Still wondering on the status of the thunderbolt port for the G75 (Wouldn't be surprised if they are waiting to put it on the gtx670mx version.... which would suck... cause we still don't know the release date, and for people like me, who will use thunderbolt for recording with firewire and will not need/afford the higher graphics card, will not want to upgrade graphics in order to get that port.) Will repost all of this on G75 Thunderbolt thread
12 REPLIES 12

john_from_ohio
Level 11
We should know a bunch more later this week or by Oct 26th definitely ...

X-ROG
Level 15
I'm told the Win8 units will have Thunderbolt.

MarshallR@ASUS wrote:
I'm told the Win8 units will have Thunderbolt.

I don't see the new numbers having thunderbolt listed.

I e-mailed to clarify
USA ASUS Reseller
http://www.neteffectspc.com

Thanks Richard and everyone else on the quick responses, I am going to try to call Asus directly just to see if we all get the same answer haha. Redundant maybe but I gotta know for sure! I will also try to call gentechpc.com again and reword one of my questions as, "will you be receiving or have received 'new' G75s to send out with windows 8?" If yes then this will be the second time and hopefully final time I connect the dots for them and I can finally order what I want.... 😄

Fallin2Rhythm wrote:
Thanks Richard and everyone else on the quick responses, I am going to try to call Asus directly just to see if we all get the same answer haha. Redundant maybe but I gotta know for sure! I will also try to call gentechpc.com again and reword one of my questions as, "will you be receiving or have received 'new' G75s to send out with windows 8?" If yes then this will be the second time and hopefully final time I connect the dots for them and I can finally order what I want.... 😄

Good call! Keep us posted 🙂

We appreciate your effort in getting clarification. I too can't wait to be able to get the new G75!

Shawnnepc wrote:
I don't see the new numbers having thunderbolt listed.

I e-mailed to clarify

If not I'm going to Chuck Norris someone upstairs.

Fallin2Rhythm
Level 7
Yeah it's not looking good. I called yesterday and was told by the person on the other side of the phone that he didn't have that information... SO GO FIND THE INFORMATION.... cauuuuuuuse its your job!.... I'll call again today and talk to someone on the live chat as well 😄

Fallin2Rhythm wrote:
Yeah it's not looking good. I called yesterday and was told by the person on the other side of the phone that he didn't have that information... SO GO FIND THE INFORMATION.... cauuuuuuuse its your job!.... I'll call again today and talk to someone on the live chat as well 😄

It doesn't work that way.

I've yet to meet a single human who knows all of ASUS's SKUs 😛

I literally get a MASSIVE book every 2 months that have EVERY single ASUS sku in it.

Apparently it's only sent to resellers, as my ASUS rep doesn't even have a copy

Resellers won't know until they get some in stock (tomorrow, Friday)

Win8 units are under a 'embargo' until the 26th.
USA ASUS Reseller
http://www.neteffectspc.com

Its just strange to me that we know so much about the new g55s yet we know so little about the new g75s...