cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

G75 Keyboard cleaning - Help pls!

SirSpankAlot
Level 7
Hi . i have some issues with some keys that work only when tapped pretty hard. Think i spilled some stff on them at 1 moment so i was curious how to clean the keyboard. I searched the forum and youtube and found nothin. hope i can get a decent guide. thanks.
6 REPLIES 6

Pitcher1
Level 9
i think use Compressed air would be better.

Mike_Lu@ASUS wrote:
i think use Compressed air would be better.

well if its liquid like juice...and now its sticky or messed up the contact of the buttons then i dont think compressed air will help.

dlewbell
Level 7
Here's a video of someone removing individual keys from a Macbook keyboard: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=89mXE7xx69k. I would expect it's a similar process for the keys on the G75VW, though no guarantee, as I haven't tried it myself. Be careful if you do, not sure how strong these little things are.

yeah i opened the keys..kinda same system.but..."U" key isnt working propperly..activation point is too low it seems...kinda anoying...any suggestions?

xeromist
Well, that gooey cyberclean stuff might get some of it but if it actually went under a key then I'm not sure it will help. You could try removing power & battery then using some electronics cleaner. Make sure to tap the sticky keys repeatedly until they free up and then let it dry before powering back on.
A bus station is where a bus stops. A train station is where a train stops. On my desk, I have a work station…

well its not really sticky..just need to press it harder..so it goes a bit deeper to activate...and its anoying when u write something . ill try finding some cleaner ..thogh dont think will solve it..key contact is pretty well protected in there. thanks m8..