cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

g75 droping wireless conection

DrunkenWookie
Level 7
ye so like the title says it keeps doing that every 20 min and its not my isp as my friend is right next to me and he has no problems
18 REPLIES 18

rewben
Level 13
have you disable power management in device manager > network adapters > wifi > power management? (uncheck the option that allows the computer to turn off wifi to save power).

DrunkenWookie
Level 7
yes I have

dstrakele
Level 14
What version WiFi driver are you currently running? Most G75 users have resolved WiFi disconnection issues with a driver update.
G74SX-A1 - stock hardware - BIOS 202 - 2nd Monitor VISIO VF551XVT

rewben
Level 13
please tell us more about your laptop (model number and your wifi model). there are many threads about wifi connection dropped half-way. take your time and look for them (goto google type site:rog.asus.com wifi drop connection g75)

edit: yes, what @dstrakele said 🙂 sorry i'm in a hurry..

latest driver and g75vw did google b4

dstrakele
Level 14
1) What is the driver version number displayed in Device Manager Properties for your Wireless Network Adapter device?

2) How did you install the driver?
G74SX-A1 - stock hardware - BIOS 202 - 2nd Monitor VISIO VF551XVT

WontonNoodle
Level 8
instal .221

Blackheart87
Level 7
My g75vx have the same issue, the driver of wlan is: 10.0.0.205 Qualcomm Atheros AR9485 Wireless network adapter stock installed.

rewben
Level 13
hm.. please provide more hints; many reasons can cause the atheros wifi connections to drop if i have to guess.

so please start over by answering the questions above with more narrations that can help us to help you.