cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

G74Sx microphone/headphone jack problem...

SideSwipe
Level 7
Hey everyone,

I have owned my G74SX for 2 years now (to the day), and I have been experiencing some problems (mostly hardware)

I've been looking through the threads and haven't found anything yet but I am having a problem with my headphone/microphone jacks.
The housing that holds the microphone connector in, has broken off but the microphone jack still works just a little flaky as it has a tendency to move around since its not being held in firmly.
Wondering if there is a fix or should I just glue plastic to plastic and hope for the best?

The other problem I'm having is with the headphone jack. It's almost like the headphone connector is not big enough to be held in place as it is slipping out easily and I've tried several different headphones and still get the same results.
I use team speak to talk with friends and lately they have been saying that I sound like a robot.

My soundcard itself is working just fine but I'm wondering if there is a fix that anyone knows about?

Any help is greatly appreciated and if more details are needed, just ask. I just want my computer to work the way it used to.
Thanks.
1 REPLY 1

Pitcher1
Level 9
if SW can not fix, it migh be HW problem, if HW problem, you will better sent to repair.