cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

G74SX and the ROG Mouse - is yours also broken?

StefanLundmark
Level 7
Hi,

I purchased my G74SX a few weeks ago. The only complains I have so far is the spacebar issue (it not registering keystrokes on the far left/right side) and the mouse. I'm not sure if I should send it back or if it's just low quality?

When I picked it up I was suprised because I had no clue it was included, and it looked really slick. But when I click, it moves. Even if the mouse stays still, it still moves the cursor when I click which makes it kind of useless so I swapped it for a cheap $10 mouse and I can now use my laptop again.

Did anyone else experience this?
3 REPLIES 3

dstrakele
Level 14
I've yet to use the mouse included with my G74SX-A1. Did you confirm the touchpad was disabled when you tried yours?

What version touchpad driver are you currently running?

If the spacebar issue hinders your typing, I would recommend exchanging it for a new unit, if possible. Alternatively, this thread (http://rog.asus.com/forum/showthread.php?11919-Asus-g74sx-Spacebar-issue) discusses how one user modified his spacebar key with a shim. Perhaps you've seen it?

The G74SX BIOS, ATK Package version, DPC Latency, Browser and Keyboard configuration can also contribute to missed keystrokes and keyboard lag. Here is what I did to improve keyboard performance: http://rog.asus.com/forum/showthread...ll=1#post44735
G74SX-A1 - stock hardware - BIOS 202 - 2nd Monitor VISIO VF551XVT

MrRuckus
Level 10
I use the included mouse for gaming and browsing. No difference from my G5 so far.
(ROG has simply become too expensive compared to the competition with same specs... 😞 )
MSI GE75 Raider 10SGS - i7 10750H - RTX 2080 Super - 32GB Ram - 1TB WD NVMe - 2TB 960 EVO - 300Hz 17inch Display
RETIRED: ALIENWARE R17 R5 - i7 8750H - GTX 1070 @ 1.9Ghz - 16GB DDR4 - NVMe 970 EVO 1TB - SSD 960 EVO 1TB
SOLD: ASUS G703VI-XH74K, RETIRED: ASUS G752VY-DH72, RETIRED: ASUS G750JH DB71 , RETIRED:ASUS G74Sx DH72

Tech_Rat
Level 9
If you did disable your touchpad, it might be the bad one in the bunch. The occasional mouse has a mount inside break off, and it causes the innards to move, which would make the optical eye register movement.