cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

G74SX(91234z)-Audio comes from both laptop speaker and headphones -Headphone plugged!

surya_schwarzen
Level 7
Hello guys,

When my headphone plugged in i hear audio comes from both laptop and headphone,i am having this issue quite long time,asked here and some other forum ,still its not resolved!!

*Recently i noticed one thing,when i plug in my headphone the message which normally pop in the notificaton area saying headphones plugged in is not coming!!! But when i plug in microphone in the microphone jack i can see this message poping in!!

Is it bcoz the system is not detecting the headphone is plugged in? so the audio is coming from bothe speaker and headphone??

If so how can i rectify this?

As this headphone jack having spdif connedtion i tried a fibre optic cable,i din't recieve any sounds!!

Before identifing this,i have done the following measure to sove the issue,

*Updated the recent Realtek HD audio driver
*Uninstalled completely and re installed
*Uninstalled completely and just used the default windows driver
*Completley returned to Factory settings!!

Still nothing is solved.

Before identifing that headphone is not detected by the laptop i even think of replacing the headphone jack-but after looking at some youtube videos it doesn't seems to be an easy task!!

My two year warranty is ran out!!

Thank's for your time.:cool:
5 REPLIES 5

jcperez73
Level 7
When you right click on the speakers icon on the task bar by the clock, click on playback devices. Which of the options is set as your default? I have 3 options on mine and I have speakers as default on mine instead of the Realtek HDMI output or Realtek Digital Output.

jcperez73 wrote:
When you right click on the speakers icon on the task bar by the clock, click on playback devices. Which of the options is set as your default? I have 3 options on mine and I have speakers as default on mine instead of the Realtek HDMI output or Realtek Digital Output.

Tried that bro as i said earlier audio is coming,but both from laptop and headphone.

Sinophile
Level 7
A fibre Optic cable? I didn't know they had those for laptops. Anyway, I've pretty much broken every headphone jack I've had on a laptop. For this reason I have used wireless headsets for the past couple years. Assuming that the hardware is damaged, and that your problem isn't software related, I would:

1.) Contact Asus about repairing the headphone jack
2.) Switch to USB or wireless headphones.

Sinophile
Level 7
A fibre Optic cable? I didn't know they had those for laptops. Anyway, I've pretty much broken every headphone jack I've had on a laptop. For this reason I have used wireless headsets for the past couple years. Assuming that the hardware is damaged, and that your problem isn't software related, I would:

Sinophile wrote:

My bad-SPDIF sorry not fibre optic!!