[Solved] Hello, my GPU (660m) temp is
37°C -> idle
83°C -> max load
both at +135 core and +500 memory

CPU (i7 3610QM) temp is
47°C -> idle
95°C -> max load

(room temperature about 25°C)

Neither CPU or GPU never throttles anyway i think that are pretty high temperatures that maybe can over time damage these components and also i want to overclock GPU over 135 limit but i cant do that whith that temp. I had once my machine at service (because malfunction of keyboard) but i also wrote note to technicians about these temperatures and they replied me that temperatures are normal. And my questions are: Are they ? Should i worry and re-paste it or not? Isn't voiding warranty for re-pasting too risky ?
14 REPLIES 14

Clintlgm
Level 14
How are you coming up with these temps? and what are you stress testing with. If your getting these temp running games or normal use they would be too high! under full load Stress testing there just a little high, I think your CPU will start throttling at 100 or 110C

Yes you will void your warranty if you repaste yourself.
G752VY-DH72 Win 10 Pro
512 GB M.2 Samsung 960 Pro
1 TB Samsung 850 pro 2.5 format
980m GTX 4 GB
32GB DDR 4 Standard RAM

Z97 PRO WiFi I7 4790K
Windows 10 Pro
Z97 -A
Windows 10 Pro

Pitcher1
Level 9
i think it is normal temp.

GrEEman
Level 7
I've measured that GPU temp while playing battlefield 3 for about 30 minutes on ultra details, but msi afterburner kombustor and 3d mark benchmarks had very similar results. (79°C default clocks and 85°C +135 and +500). CPU temp has been measured by OCCT benchmark, but it is common that CPU is over 90°C while playing lasted games. I know that i void warranty if i re-paste it, but my question is that if you recommend it with these temperatures?

I would send it in for a repaste. Mine don't reach those temps, running Furmark 1080 full screen 15 minutes mine will reach 83C in 8 minutes and bounce 80c to 83C for the duration. Using Burn in Test 100% CPU my CPU will stay below 80C Both of these are far more stressful than any games. Mine is not OC and I can't help you with OC issues. You do that at your own risk and if that is the only reason you are overheating, back off the OC until you can maintain safe Operating temps. Or what ever you consider safe Operating temp.
G752VY-DH72 Win 10 Pro
512 GB M.2 Samsung 960 Pro
1 TB Samsung 850 pro 2.5 format
980m GTX 4 GB
32GB DDR 4 Standard RAM

Z97 PRO WiFi I7 4790K
Windows 10 Pro
Z97 -A
Windows 10 Pro

GrEEman
Level 7
ok i'll consider it, thank you for your opinion both of you 🙂

rewben
Level 13
if you wanna OC, it's better to make sure the cooling is fine. i suggest you replace thermal paste and clean up your fans and vents once the gpu temperature is over 84c (i.e. send it to a local service center for this if you do not wanna void the warranty). cpu is usually about 10c higher than gpu.

by the way I live in a tropical country.

GrEEman
Level 7
so if it reached while slightly OCed 85°C (only in stress test) usually don't cross over 83°C, should i use default clocks ? and i am just curious if re-pasting in my case is worth of voiding the warranty (1 year of warranty is remaining). Sending to a local service is too expensive option for me, because for technicians (as i said in previous posts) is these temperatures completely save (at default clocks of course) and it is not covered by warranty

GrEEman wrote:
so if it reached while slightly OCed 85°C (only in stress test) usually don't cross over 83°C, should i use default clocks ? and i am just curious if re-pasting in my case is worth of voiding the warranty (1 year of warranty is remaining). Sending to a local service is too expensive option for me, because for technicians (as i said in previous posts) is these temperatures completely save (at default clocks of course) and it is not covered by warranty

uh? what's not covered by warranty?

if you're ok with tearing down the whole laptop, flip the mobo, and take the fans and heatsinks out for cleaning on your own, just make sure you understand that you're throwing away the warranty. (well, sooner or later your laptop will need maintenance anyway. it's your call.)

the good news is this: if your laptop has no issues since day one, I think it's relatively safe to do maintenance by yourself.

rewben wrote:
uh? what's not covered by warranty?

if you're ok with tearing down the whole laptop, flip the mobo, and take the fans and heatsinks out for cleaning on your own, just make sure you understand that you're throwing away the warranty. (well, sooner or later your laptop will need maintenance anyway. it's your call.)

the good news is this: if your laptop has no issues since day one, I think it's relatively safe to do maintenance by yourself.

i mind that i cant demant from Asus RMA re-pasting gpu or cpu with this temperature, because in their opinion it is completely save and normal temperature.

of course that i understand that i ll throw away the warranty if i disassemble and re-paste my machine, that's why i created this topic and asking you if it is worth of it. But i think you are right, that if it has no issues since day one, it is no such a risk if i lost the warranty. I am curious how much °C can i push down with re-pasting on both components.