cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

G552VW Switching Graphics Mode? HDMI monitor not detected at boot sometimes?

Zequinha
Level 7
Hi everyone,
I have a G552VW,
How do I know which graphic mode I`m in?
How do I switch from CPU Graphics mode to NVIDIA and vce versa?

I`m having a problem that my laptop sometimes does not detect the HDMI monitor at boot time.
I have to turn it off and start it again to recognize the secondary monitor.

Thank you.
3 REPLIES 3

aka_sirok
Level 7
1,2- To switch between integrated and dedicated graphics right-click in the desktop and enter into nvidia control panel, there you should be able to select your game or app and switch the mode. In the same way you will be able to see which one is using each.

about the hdmi I'm not sure but I guess that a driver update would do the trick

aka_sirok wrote:
1,2- To switch between integrated and dedicated graphics right-click in the desktop and enter into nvidia control panel, there you should be able to select your game or app and switch the mode. In the same way you will be able to see which one is using each.

about the hdmi I'm not sure but I guess that a driver update would do the trick

Thanks.

Zequinha
Level 7
I still have this issue with the second monitor... If I turn of the laptop and disconnect it from power, in the next day when I plug it gain, in the 1st boot the monitor connected to HDMI is not recognized... I have to shutdown the laptop and turn it back on again so the second is recognized.
Even if I go to the device manager and click search for new hardware, it does "see" the HDMI monitor.

Does anyone have this issue?