cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

G53JW - Disassembly nightmare to reach the fans!

kimiraikkonen
Level 7
Hi guys,
I know G53 series are really old but after owning it for several years, i decided to dismantle the unit and clean Cpu/Gpu fans. But what is it! All the guidances on Youtube and on forums are telling us to tear down the whole pieces one by one INCLUDING disconnecting LCD screen just to reach the fans to clean them! I watched several videos and it is REALLY a pain and complete nightmare to do this cleaning routine.

Asus engineers seem that they intentionally made extremely hard to clean and reach the fans without hurting and component including various mini ribbon cables and bolts/screws.

It is a complete nightmare to teardown this notebook and i am pretty sure newer G series (like G7xx series) have the same nightmare.

It is a disappointment. You have to live with dusty and noisy fans unless you want to make yourself pissed off.

Best regards.
ASUS G53JW-XA1
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Clintlgm
Level 14
Yes, pretty much all notebook are difficult to disassemble and even harder to reassemble without damaging cables and connectors should only be taken on by someone that has the experience and confidence to do so. Building desktops won't qualify you to work on notebooks proceed at your own risk.
G752VY-DH72 Win 10 Pro
512 GB M.2 Samsung 960 Pro
1 TB Samsung 850 pro 2.5 format
980m GTX 4 GB
32GB DDR 4 Standard RAM

Z97 PRO WiFi I7 4790K
Windows 10 Pro
Z97 -A
Windows 10 Pro

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1

Clintlgm
Level 14
Yes, pretty much all notebook are difficult to disassemble and even harder to reassemble without damaging cables and connectors should only be taken on by someone that has the experience and confidence to do so. Building desktops won't qualify you to work on notebooks proceed at your own risk.
G752VY-DH72 Win 10 Pro
512 GB M.2 Samsung 960 Pro
1 TB Samsung 850 pro 2.5 format
980m GTX 4 GB
32GB DDR 4 Standard RAM

Z97 PRO WiFi I7 4790K
Windows 10 Pro
Z97 -A
Windows 10 Pro